Looking for somewhere in Spain that offers Sun, Sand and Sea? Flight Centre’s Cathy Peacock from our Manurewa store used to live in Palma de Mallorca and shares the things to do when visiting this enchanting island.
1. La Lonja Bar, in the old town area of Palma city is the perfect place to enjoy a carrajillo (coffee with a shot of whisky) while watching the world go by.
2. Take the train to Soller, Deia and Valldemossa. It takes you up through the mountains, taking in all of the olive groves and countrside along the way. Soller is a little port town; Deia and Valldemossa are home to many of the rich and famous.
3. Head to Puerto Portals for lunch and some shopping, about half hour drive from Palma. Call into Illets beach for a swim on the way back, its a beautiful cove with crystal-clear blue water.
4. San Pedro’s Restaurant, located on the hills behind Palma, is an amazing dining experience. I recommend having the P’am Boli while you enjoy a string quartet serenading you.
5. Formentor is at the northernmost tip of the island and is full of jagged rocks, white sandy beaches and stunning blue water. Enjoy the breathtaking views out across the Mediterranean.
Need more information on Europe Holidays or cheap flights to Europe? Contact Cathy Peacock from our Manurewa store or contact a Flight Centre travel expert – 135 stores nationwide. Phone 0800 24 35 44