Buenos Aires Stopover
Get a taste of the fascinating and diverse culture of this city on this Stopover experience. On a full-day city tour, you’ll wander by the colourful houses of La Boca, enjoy shopping in the famous San Telmo Market, discover the architecture of Plaza de Mayo, and explore the Recoleta Cemetery. Throughout you’ll experience the exceptional cuisine (steak fans rejoice!), wonderful hospitality and vibrant energy that exemplifies Argentina.
Travel Dates: From 24/07/2017 to 29/12/2018
Duration: 3 days
Departing From: Buenos
- Experience the thriving nightlife of Buenos Aires
Visit the Plaza de Mayo
Discover the history of Recoleta Cemetery
Wander the colourful streets of La Boca
Breakfasts Included: 2
Lunches Included: 1
Hotel (2 nts)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 12
Buenos Aires - City Tour with Lunch
Day 1: Buenos Aires
Bienvenidos! Welcome to Argentina. Today is your arrival day. Cosmopolitan, cultured and chic, Buenos Aires has European sensibilities with a fiery Latin heart. Discover colonial architecture, funky neighbourhoods, exceptional cuisine and a thriving nightlife.
Day 2: Buenos Aires
From working-class La Boca to the well-to-do streets of Recoleta, Buenos Aires is comprised of many distinct neighbourhoods, each with their own unique style to explore. Today you’ll enjoy a city tour. The tour starts with a pick-up from your hotel. Travelling down the main avenue in Buenos Aires ‘9 de Julio Avenue’ you’ll pass the Colon Theatre and the Obelisk. Soon after stop at Plaza de Mayor where you’ll embark on a walking tour, seeing things such-as the cathedral, pink house and pyramid of May. Moving on to San Telmo where we’ll make a quick stop. Sunday is the main market day where a large market takes over the streets with many stalls selling antiques, hand-made crafts and souvenirs. Next visit La Boca the colourful neighbourhood at the mouth of the Riachuelo river. La Boca was first populated by Italian immigrants and the European culture is noticeable! Stop at the colourful Caminito street to get some photos and you’ll have some time to walk around. The next stop is Recoleta one of Buenos Aires wealthiest neighbourhoods, often referred to as the Paris of the South. Head inside the La Recoleta Cemetery, which contains the graves of some very notable people in Argentina such-as Eva Peron, the second wife of Argentine President Juan Perón and served as the First Lady of Argentina from 1946 until her death in 1952. Finally enjoy an included lunch at the Museo Evita Restaurante. After lunch you have the option of visiting the Evita museum on your own (not included in the price of this trip) or to be transferred back at your hotel. If you opt to visit the museum, you will need to make your own way back to your hotel. Housed in a striking 1923 mansion Evita museum celebrates the Argentine heroine with videos, historical photos, books and posters. However, the prize memorabilia has to be her wardrobe: dresses, shoes, handbags, hats and blouses are all on display. Please note as the transfer is a shared service, should you decide to visit the museum after lunch you will need to make your own way back to the hotel afterwards. Tonight you will have the option to enjoy an authentic tango experience at a Milonga, where the locals head to dance.
Day 3: Buenos Aires
There are no activities planned for the final day. Flights can be booked to depart at anytime.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 July 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..