Experience the best of Santiago on this delightful city stopover. Contrast historical city streets with the tranquil beauty of one of Chile's most celebrated wineries and discover what makes this enigmatic city tick.
Travel Dates: From 23/09/2017 to 02/01/2020
Duration: 3 days
Departing From: Santiago
- Enjoy a guided walk around the vibrant streets of SantiagoEnjoy a visit to the beautiful and much lauded Concha y Toro wineryDiscover Santiago's historic centreAdmire the colourful seafood restaurants in the Central MarketBreakfasts Included: 2Hotel (2 nts)Metro,Cable carAge: min 5Group Size: 1 - 12Urban Adventures: A Bite of Santiago - A half day city tour including La Alameda, Mercado Central, La Vega Central, Cerro San Cristobal & Bellavista
Day 1: Santiago
Bienvenidos! Welcome to Chile. You can arrive to your hotel at any time where an envelope with the necessary vouchers and contact details will be awaiting for you. Although Santiago covers a large area, the city centre is quite compact and easy to get around. The city's centre is roughly triangular in shape with the Plaza de Armas, the main plaza and home to the Cathedral, sitting in the centre. Panning out from here are wall-to-wall shops, restaurants and parks. For a more serene look at Chilean life, head out to Barrio Bella Vista, Santiago's 'Paris Quarter'. Set within a circle of snow-capped mountains, Santiago is vibrant, artistic and gourmet - and the gateway to adventures in the snow, sea or desert.
Day 2: Santiago
First is the La Moneda, in the Plaza de la Constitucion area. From there, we’ll head to the neighbourhood of La Alameda, a place that’s popular with locals thanks to its gorgeous architecture and blending of the old and new city. Discover sites like the Plaza de Armas and get a feel for what makes this city so great. Next, you’ll travel like a local with a ride on the metro and a stop at Mercado Central, starring some of the freshest produce in the country. Wander the aisles and watch how locals shop and bargain for the best deal. Best of all, we’re going to eat some typical Chilean dishes! Then your Santiago tour will lead you to La Vega Central, a local market just on the other side of the Mapocho River. You can find everything you could imagine here, from souvenirs to healing potions. Afterwards, take the cable car to the top of Cerro San Cristobal. At the top, you’ll have the best view of the city. We’ll finish up with lunch in the bohemian Bellavista neighbourhood. This hipster district is home to up-and-coming restaurants, making it the perfect place to stop for a delicious Chilean meal to end the tour.
Day 3: Santiago
There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at any time.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..