the Gardens of England and Wales with Chelsea Flower Show (Summer 2017)
An in-depth journey through the gardens and countryside of England and Wales including Hampton Court Palace, The Gardens of Wisley and Bodnant Gardens. Starting with a visit to The Chelsea Flower Show and ending with the new RHS Chatsworth Flower Show at the magnificent home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, this truly is a tour that highlights the very best of the region.
Travel Dates: From 26/05/2017 to 09/06/2017
Duration: 15 days
Company: INSIGHT VACATIONS
- ADDITIONAL FIVE STAR SERVICES
Accommodation in premium accommodation in the best locations
Escorted by an expert Tour Director throughout
Business class legroom onboard your 40 seater luxury air conditioned coach*
Included airport transfer service on first and last day of tour
Hotel and restaurant tips included
Concierge service and luggage handling
Insight Traveller document wallet and information pack
Welcome to London! On arrival you are transferred to your tour hotel. This evening, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Drink and tour debriefing at your hotel.
Chelsea Flower Show
A transfer in the morning takes you to the famous RHS Chelsea Flower Show! Enjoy the extensive displays of show gardens and magnificent floral displays before a transfer in the afternoon back to your hotel. Later, enjoy a glass of champagne and a bird’s eye view of London from the London Eye before dinner at a local restaurant.(Breakfast / Highlight Dinner)
On your guided sightseeing tour this morning see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, St Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey and Trafalgar Square. Witness the pomp and pageantry of the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace (if operating) before enjoying lunch in a typical English pub. This afternoon you are free to enjoy London at your own pace.(Breakfast / Highlight Lunch)
Kew Gardens & Hampton Court Palace
This morning visit the famous Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew. Explore inside the vast Victorian glasshouses and see the indoor galleries. This afternoon, discover the wonders of majestic Hampton Court Palace, home to the Kings and Queens of Britain since the time of Henry VIII. Discover the magnificent State Apartments, explore the riverside gardens.(Breakfast)
London – Wisley Gardens – St Austell
Travel to the gardens of Wisley today, renowned as the flagship garden of the Royal Agricultural Society. There’s ample time to take in the many highlights before continuing to the Cornish Riviera and our hotel, perched high on the rugged cliffs of St Austell Bay.(Breakfast / Hotel Dinner)
Lost Garden of Heligan & the Cornish Coast
Unveiled in 1992 from under decades of overgrowth, the Lost Gardens were hailed by The Times as “the garden restoration of the century”. Today the mysterious gardens and estate offer over 200 acres for exploration! This afternoon visit the rugged Cornish coast. Stop for a photo of St Michael’s Mount near Penzance and continue to Land’s End, the most westerly point on the British mainland.(Breakfast / Hotel Dinner)
St Austell – Cheltenham
This morning visit the picturesque fishing village of Clovelly with its cobbled streets and white washed cottages. Then continue through the English countryside to the town of Cheltenham for a two night stay.(Breakfast / Hotel Dinner)
A full day tour of the Cotswolds begins in Burford, where there’s time to visit the small tea houses before heading south to Bibury described as the ‘prettiest village in Britain’ for an included lunch. Continue to Hidcote Manor Gardens, one of the greatest arts and crafts gardens in England, before returning to Cheltenham.(Breakfast / Highlight Lunch)
Cheltenham – Powis Castle – Llandudno
Today travel to Wales and visit Powis Castle gardens with its spectacular terraces and stunning vistas. Continue to the seaside resort town of Llandudno.(Breakfast / Hotel Dinner)
Bodnant Garden Excursion
The day starts with a visit to Bodnant Gardens, one of the most beautiful gardens in the UK. Later visit the village of Llanberis at the foot of Snowdon, Yr Wyddfa, at 3,560 feet the highest peak in Wales including a fabulous trip onboard the Snowdon Mountain Railway.(Breakfast)
Llandudno – Lake District
Farewell Wales and continue north to the English Lake District where you see some of the most beautiful countryside in the world. Stop to visit the beautiful Holker Hall Gardens, before continuing to our traditional hotel set on the shores of Lake Windemere.(Breakfast / Hotel Dinner)
Lake District Experience
Devote the day to a scenic wonderland of rugged mountains and tranquil waters - an inspiration to a host of English poets. Begin with a visit to Wordsworth’s grave in the small churchyard at Grasmere before embarking on a relaxing cruise. The remainder of the day is free to relax.(Breakfast)
Lake District – Chatsworth RHS Flower Show – Nottingham
Head into the rolling Derbyshire countryside, where the Chatsworth Estate offers a glorious backdrop for the RHS Chatsworth Flower Show. In its inaugural year, you can expect to see all your favourite RHS Show features in a brand new celebration of plants and gardens. Later continue to the historic city of Nottingham.(Breakfast)
Nottingham – Blenheim Palace – Bampton Village – London
This morning tour the magnificent house and gardens of Blenheim Palace, home of the Duke of Marlborough and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. Continue to the village of Bampton to see the street where many scenes from the “Downtown Abbey” TV series were filmed. Later, return to London for a spectacular Thames River Dinner Cruise!(Breakfast / Highlight Dinner)
After breakfast your tour comes to an end with a transfer to London Heathrow Airport for your onward flight.(Breakfast)
The Carlyon Bay Hotel St Austell
St George’s Hotel Llandudno
INCLUDED QUALITY DINING
14 Breakfasts, 5 Hotel Dinners, 2 Highlight Lunches, 2 Highlight Dinners
London Eye excursion with champagne
Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew
Discover the wonders of Hampton Court Palace
Visit the Gardens of Wisley and the Lost Garden of Heligan
Bodnant Gardens excursion, Wales
Snowden Mountain Railway Excursion
Cruise Lake Windemere
Visit Blenheim Palace
Tickets to The Chelsea Flower Show 2017
London – Thames River Dinner Cruise
Tickets to the inaugural year of RHS Chatsworth Flower Show
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 January 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..