London Explorer (4 Nights) (Royal National Hotel, Start London, End London)
Why come all the way to Europe and not spend some quality time in the English capital? Add this self-guided package onto your other Contiki holidays and use the time to discover museums, shop on Oxford Street, eat curry on Brick Lane, see a West End show or listen to some of the hottest music coming out of England's famous nightlife. Also included is a day trip up to Bath and Stonehenge! Our Contiki Representatives in central London are on hand to help you out with sightseeing info and tips on getting around so you never have to stress!
Travel Dates: From 29/03/2017 to 31/03/2018
Duration: 5 days
4 nights accommodation at the hotel of your choice (Royal National or Imperial Hotel)
Return Heathrow airport transfer on the London Underground
Open top bus tour
London theatre show tickets (stalls or dress circle)
"Welcome to London" info booklet
2 day London Underground & bus pass
Day trip & entry fee to Stonehenge
Audio guided tour of the Roman Baths, Bath
Continental breakfast daily
Contiki Representatives at the Contiki Basement
Want to do London at your own pace? Take time to explore London before or after your Contiki trip. With this 5 day package at the Royal National or Imperial hotels, grab a great value collection of extras, activities & accommodation. The London Explorer package is a bit different from our other trips, as it does not include a Trip Manager. Instead, we give you all the info you need to squeeze the max out of the city & to do it on your terms.
With your included London info booklet, hit the streets & dive into the buzz - there are so many things to see, do & experience in London. From the iconic Big Ben to the Houses of Parliament & Buckingham Palace, there are photo opportunities at every corner. An included open top bus sightseeing ticket is a great way to experience the city from a different angle as you ride past the sights. It’s also a hop on hop off trip, so you can enjoy the sites at your own pace. Stop off in between, maybe visit a museum, take a walking tour or just take in the vibes.
We’ve also included a 2 day Tube & bus pass to make getting around the sights of London even easier. London is famous for it’s shopping, with the streets of the central city providing a haven for shopaholics. Head to Knightsbridge for a look into the most famous department store in the world, Harrods. Check out the array of delicious food on offer in their enticing foodhalls & amazing displays, then maybe head to Oxford Street for some high street shopping & big name brands. While you’re in the area, drop by the quirky Carnaby Street where you might see some street performers or grab a coffee & take in the atmosphere.
Seeing a famous West End musical whilst you’re here is a must-do & with an included ticket to a show, you will. From the dancing sensation ‘Billy Elliot’ to rocking it out to Queen’s ‘We Will Rock You’ there is something for everyone.
You’ll see more of the English countryside on an included day trip to the mythical boulders of Stonehenge. Get up close to these structures as you get a feel for the area & learn about its history. You’ll also stop by the cute little Somerset town of Bath with its little side streets & shops. Take a guided tour of the city’s most famous attraction, the Roman Baths, where you’ll see steaming water & learn about the history of this site. Bath is also famous as the home of the Sally Lunn bun’s, so maybe see if you can try one while you’re here.
Back in London, for a historical fix, jump on the Tube & maybe make your way to the Tower of London. Take a guided tour with one of the Yeoman Warders around one of the most famous fortified buildings in the world. You could also try the British Museum, National Gallery, the Tate or jump on the London Eye for amazing city views.
There’s always something going on here, so make sure that you ask at the Contiki Basement for some other tips on must see sights & things to do.
See Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, the House of Parliament, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace
Ticket to a West End musical
Open top bus sightseeing tour
2 day tube & bus pass for the London Underground & city buses
Guided tour of the Roman Baths in the old Roman town of Bath
Day trip and & entry fee to Stonehenge
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 April 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..