This four day aviation extravaganza is now acclaimed as the largest warbird air show in the Southern Hemisphere. Dramatic mountain scenery provides a stunning backdrop to many exciting air and ground events.
Celebrate classic aircraft and warbirds, as well as modern jets, sport aircraft and many more aviation attractions. Enjoy new displays of military vehicles, vintage trucks, aviation trade stands, market and food stalls.
Warhorses will display vehicles, armaments, uniforms, tanks, jeeps, trucks and guns from WWI and WWII. Watch them re-enact within their army compound or on the runway with enemy fire overhead.
Aviation personalities from all over the world have attended this event, including Gen Chuck Yeager and Buzz Aldrin.
Fly high at this world class aviation show!
Take off with us
Let us know when you want to fly and we’ll provide the best airfare options and prices
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact one of our consultants.
Infinity Sports & Events is an authorised package provider for Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow
View our flyer for packages and prices.
A three day general admission ticket to the 2016 Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow is included in your package. Other ticket categories include:
The Silver Pass provides elevated seating for the Airshow. You’ll get to sit in a tiered stand along the runway, with onsite amenities but with no covered facility. Refreshments, including food, alcohol and great coffee, will be available nearby. Limited tickets available. Three day passes and single day pass options.
The best seats at the Airshow in a grandstand that is situated directly in front of the runway. Seats are elevated for unobstructed viewing of the entire Airshow. Behind the grandstand is the 'Gold Pass' hospitality area where you may purchase great food, wines, spirits and beer from a cash bar. Complimentary tea, coffee and water is available throughout the Airshow and breakfast may be purchased from 7.30am. This area has its own facilities with closed circuit television to watch the Airshow while partaking in local specialties.
You’ll receive a free souvenir pack with dated Gold cap and badge, Airshow programme as a collector's souvenir and one complimentary lunch voucher. Also included is a voucher for free entry to Warbirds and Wheels visitor attraction (vintage cars, warbirds, art and our Founder, Sir Tim Wallis’ story), Priority parking and will be transported to the Gold Pass enclosure if required.
Gold Pass holders will have the opportunity to mingle with some pilots, get autographs and walk the flightline once on the Saturday or Sunday.
This is a three day pass only available when purchased in advance. There are no single day Gold Passes. Limited tickets available.
Friday 25 March
Gates open from 7.30am
Warbirds, civil and military aircraft conduct practice displays in preparation for the following two days events. Aviation trade stands, market stalls, memorabilia and wine and food stands will all be operational. Static displays of aircraft, including sport aircraft can be viewed will the warbirds practice overhead.
A special display of amphibious aircraft on the Wanaka lakefront from 4.30pm will be free for locals and visitors. See these extraordinary aircraft flying over and landing on Lake Wanaka (bring picnic chairs, rugs and warm clothes).
Saturday 26 March and Sunday 27 March
Gates open from 7.30am
Airshow begins at 10am, displays continue non-stop until the spectacular airfield attack finale at 4pm. See unique jet racing, historical aircraft, helicopters, aerobatic displays, The Royal New Zealand Airforce, The Royal Australian Air Force and other civilian and transport aircraft, sport aircraft and pyrotechnics.
Aviation trade stands, market stalls, merchandise and wine and food stands will all be operational.
All three days
Open from 8am to 4pm
Come for an extra day to get around all the exhibits on the ground. These include:
- Sport Aircraft Display
Sport aircraft including gyrocopters, RANS, Piper Cubs, Hornets, Replicas and % scale aircraft will be displaying on the ground and in the air. Displays and demonstrations in the hangar will give you an opportunity to see what is needed to get into aviation
- Aircraft for Sale
Purchase new or second hand, Beechcraft, Pilatus and others on sale
- Static Aircraft Display
Many different types of aircraft from Tiger Moths to jets on display. Warhorses - our favourite re-enactors once again will display vehicles, armaments, uniforms, tanks, jeeps, trucks and guns from WWI and WWII. Watch them re-enact within their army compound or on the runway with enemy fire overhead
- 100 years of Trucking
See vintage and rare trucks through the ages
- Porsche Club of New Zealand
On tour will be a number of Porsche cars for viewing
- Food and Wine Stalls & Market Stalls
Aaround 40 Food stalls to purchase everything from pizza to icecream, taste the local wines of Central Otago or sit and enjoy a Pinot Noir or Pinot Gris whilst looking skywards. Explore the market stalls for model aircraft, clothing, jewelry and other finds
- Aviation Trade Stands
Buy your aircraft headset, avionics system or radio, learn where to get flight training and the NZ flying regulations
Make it a truly unforgettable experience with a hospitality package, indulge yourself with friends and family, reward staff or entertain clients.
This new one day exclusive pass gives you the ultimate in luxury at the Airshow. Your marquee is situated directly in front of the runway with an outside seating area, including a grandstand.
The Titanium Pass includes continual buffet (including continental breakfast, morning and afternoon tea, lunch, wines and beer) from 9am – 4pm, one year membership to the Warbirds Over Wanaka Club, Titanium Pack with special merchandise, free entry to the Warbirds and Wheels visitor attraction and discounts on Warbird or Catalina flights. Limited to 100 persons per day, only available as a pre-purchased ticket.
Add something special to your Airshow experience!
Flight Centre (NZ) Limited (company no. 349518) trading as Infinity Sports & Events ("Infinity Sports & Events", “We”, “Us”, “Our”) sells and distributes tickets, as agent for the venue, promoter or person responsible for holding the relevant event (the "Promoter"). Please read these Event Specific Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket from Infinity Sports & Events, you agree to be bound by these Event Specific Terms and Conditions. These event Specific Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders ("you"). Nothing in these Event Specific Terms and Conditions is intended to limit your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Our Terms and Conditions and the Promoter’s Terms and Conditions
Each ticket is also sold subject to Our Terms and Conditions as well as any additional terms and conditions of the Promoter for attendance at the 2016 Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow ("Promoter's Terms"). Our Terms and Conditions and the Promoter's Terms will be provided to you at the time of purchase and are also available from Infinity Sports & Events on request or online at www.warbirdsoverwanaka.com/terms_conditions. It is up to the ticket holder to read and understand Our Terms and Conditions and the Promoter’s Terms.
General Terms and Conditions
For bookings received on or before 25 January 2016 a deposit of $350 per person is required. For bookings received after 25 January 2016 full payment will be required at the time of booking. If payment is not received by the due date packages may be auto-cancelled. Infinity Sports & Events reserves the right to alter these deposit amounts and timelines, based on the composition of the final package, or as required by various suppliers.
Cancellations and Refunds
All cancellations must be advised in writing to Infinity Sports & Events. Cancellations received on/before Monday 25 January 2016 will incur a cancellation fee of $350 per person. Any cancellations received after Monday 25 January 2016 will incur a 100% cancellation fee per person.
Every amendment made to a booking will incur an amendment fee of $25 per amendment per person, along with any fees charged by other suppliers. Amendments to bookings within a week of departure cannot be guaranteed, but if they are possible, will incur an amendment fee of $50 per amendment, per person in addition to any supplier fees.
Documentation will be available approximately 10 working days prior to departure.
Terms and conditions
Flight Centre (NZ) Limited (company no. 349518) trading as Infinity Sports & Events ("Infinity Sports & Events", “We”, “Us”, “Our”) sells and distributes tickets, as agent for the venue, promoter or person responsible for holding the relevant event (the "Promoter"). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket from Infinity Sports & Events, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders ("you"). Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Variation to Terms and Conditions
Infinity Sports & Events may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Additional Promoter Terms and Conditions
Each ticket is also sold subject to any additional terms and conditions of the Promoter for attendance at the particular event ("Promoter's Terms"). An email link to the Promoter's Terms will be provided to you at the time of purchase and are also available from Infinity Sports & Events on request. It is up to the ticket holder to read and understand the Promoter’s Terms.
General Terms and Conditions
Responsibilities and liabilities
Infinity Sports & Events acts as agent for the Promoter in the sale of all tickets. As such, except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, all claims in connection with tickets or events are the responsibility of the Promoter and, except to the extent required by law (including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) Infinity Sports & Events otherwise has no liability to you.
When Infinity Sports & Events books an event ticket on your behalf, We do not bear responsibility or liability for:
- the supply, provision, quality or conduct of the event itself or of the event venue;
- the event not taking place at the time or place stipulated, or not taking place at all;
- the non-appearance of any individual player, driver, rider, team, actor, celebrity, entertainment or other participant or performer ;
- any omission of information not provided by the Promoter, venue or ticket provider;
- any direct or consequential loss, damage or expense caused by the cancellation or postponement of an event;
- any property or personal effects at the event that belong to the ticketholder;
- the location of seating within the match/event venue; or
- the cancellation or postponement of an event.
Under circumstances where Our liability cannot be excluded and where liability may be lawfully limited, such liability is limited to the remedies required of Us under applicable law (including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993). This liability clause is subject to your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Admission to an event is subject to the Promoter’s Terms and may be controlled by the event organiser, venue officials and/or the police. Where Infinity Sports & Events provides a ticket for an event, Our responsibility is limited to the provision of the ticket itself, it does not guarantee admission to the venue.
You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where the Promoter has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions or the Promoter’s Terms, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired, are disorderly, disruptive or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event. You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones). You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
Infinity Sports & Events accepts no responsibility if the ticketholder is denied entry to the venue, or for any injury sustained by the ticketholder whilst in the venue or in the vicinity of the venue or during the event.
Security for entry to some venues may be strict. We recommend allowing sufficient time to go through the security arrangements, which may involve baggage checks and/or screening.
Event tickets and/or admission passes purchased through Infinity Sports & Events are strictly subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Promoter’s Terms.
- Tickets usually cannot be exchanged after purchase and are non-transferable unless otherwise stated.
- Tickets are non-refundable under any circumstances, including but not limited to, the possible non-appearance of any particular person, group or personality expected by the ticket holder, whether expected to enter an event or not and whether advertised or not, or any adverse weather conditions or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- Any authorised impression or map of the event is provided as a guide only. The approximate locations of seating, viewing areas and other conveniences and attractions around the event may not be drawn to scale.
- Where relevant, Infinity Sports & Events reserves the right to determine actual and final location of and details concerning seating, viewing areas and other conveniences and attractions without notice. Natural or other obstructions may impede viewing in some areas and the ticket holder acknowledges and accepts that no reliance is placed on such impression or map of the event when purchasing tickets.
- Infinity Sports & Events accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets. We will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if authorised by the Promoter. A fee may be charged to do so.
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or relocated by the Promoter, to the extent permitted by law Our liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. To the extent permitted by law We will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
Use of event tickets
- For some events it is a condition of sale that the transport / accommodation or another component is also included.
- Event tickets on their own or as part of a package may not be resold at a premium, resold through a broker or agent, advertised or offered for resale on the internet or in any other medium.
- Packages and tickets obtained from Infinity Sports & Events may not be used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, as competition prizes or trade incentives, nor may they be used in raffles, lotteries or draws whether for commercial or charitable purposes without Our prior written authority.
- It may be prohibited or illegal for event tickets to be re-sold, on-sold, exchanged for fee or reward or other exchange of value. The ticket holder may be denied admission, and in some circumstances the resale of tickets may attract criminal penalties.
Event changes including cancellation
- Event information supplied by Infinity Sports & Events is correct at the time of ticket sale; however the customer is responsible for checking with the Promoter that no changes have occurred prior to the event.
- Events can be cancelled, postponed, rescheduled, abandoned or curtailed at short notice or even without notice.
- The Promoter may add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- The cancellation, rescheduling or alteration of an event (including the non-appearance of a player or advertised performer) are entirely outside Our control and we accept no responsibility for them.
We will only provide a refund, pay compensation or other sum for any changes in or cancellation of any advertised or confirmed program or itinerary where We are legally required to do so.