Thinking about visiting the USA? Dreamt about seeing the sights of New York but not sure where to start? Mark Nixon from our Johnsonville store recently returned from to New York and shares his travel tips and must do’s with us.
Top Tips and Must Do's when your in New York:
- Purchase the all loops double decker hop on hop of bus for the best way to get to know the city, you will be amazed at al the familiar sights from movies you will have seen.
- Visit the box office in Times Square for the chance to get a last minute Broadway ticket at extremley reduced prices.
- Pay your respects at Ground Zero and visit the new memorial.
- Get a hot dog, pretzel or slice of pizza from one of the corner street vendors.
- Skip the crowds at the Empire State Building and visit the Rockefeller Centre Observation deck for views of Times Square and upper Manhatten
- Visit one of the many delis and make yourself a picnic and sit in Central Park and watch the world go by, you will forget the hustle and bustle of the city. Whilst you're, there explore the park and see how many sights you will notice from famous movies.
- Shop at Century 21 opposite Ground Zero, this is a discount shop for high end brands.
- Visit Toys ‘R’ us in Times Square, this has got to be one of the most amazing toy stores in the world for young or old, there is a Ferris wheel inside the shop.
- See the Christmas lights and go ice skating at the Rockefeller Centre
- Visit China Town New York, for a knock off purchase of one of your favourite high end products.
- Do a city by night tour and be amazed at all the different lights and the amazing New York skyline.
- Buy a week pass for the Subway, this is the most cost effective way of getting around.