Melissa Irvine from our Shortland street store loves travelling to New York and shares her tips on things to do in New York:
1. Get lost in Macy's for a few hours and shop. The iconic department store has some of the best sales around.
2. The Hershey's Chocolate factory in times square is a hit, especially with the kids. Check out the machine in-store where you can bag your own chocolate from a funnel.
3. Travel to Harlem on a Sunday. Discover the history behind this fascinating district and dance in the aisles at a Gospel Church.
4. Get to a baseball game at Yankee Stadium and be a New Yorker for the day. Drink Budweiser and crack peanuts. You can usually pick up cheap tickets on the day from outside the stadium.
5. Head to Times Square and try some authentic New York Pizza from one of the many Pizza bars - it's the best!
Looking for more information on New York or cheap flights to the USA? Contact Flight Centre travel expert Melissa Irvine at our Shortland Street store or one of Flight Centre’s 135 Stores nationwide. Phone 0800 24 35 44