Japan, famous for things such as sushi, Karaoke and Samurai, a visit to this country will reveal how diverse it is. Looking for something a bit out of the ordinary? Why not visit Kyoto and check out these things to see and do:
1) Visit the Kiyomizu Temple - an absolute must see in Kyoto. If you head there on a fine day you get a wonderful view of the city.
2) Marvel at the history in Gion, Kyoto's most famous Geisha district. Keep your eyes peeled, you might spot a Geisha heading to an engagement in the evening or running errands during the day.
3) Visit the Golden Pavilion - it's one of the most beautiful and famous attractions in Kyoto. The two top floors are completely covered in Gold leaf.
4) Hire a bike - Cycle through the bamboo groves in Arashiyan on the Oi River.
5) Best time to visit is in April or November - when the Cherry blossoms are in full bloom and Kyoto is stunning!