Malaysia's diverse cultural heritage adds spice and colour to every aspect of life here; from the religions and festivals, to the culinary traditions and architecture. It's a land and a culture as diverse as those who come to experience it. And those who come often return, because no two visits to Malaysia, are ever quite the same.
Flight Centre travel expert Jeanne Ng from Ellerslie Flight Centre Store recently travelled to Malaysia and shares her top five must-do’s:
1. Maxwell Hill is a must visit. A haven of cool air and nature, this is not as commercial as Gentings or the Cameron Highlands. Only accessible by an authorised jeep, this drive is not for the faint hearted with its super tight steep turns on a road only wide enough for one vehicle!
2. Visit Taiping – about three and a half hours drive from Kuala Lumpur or one hour from Penang. A small town with the most beautiful lake gardens, check out the old trees that grow across the road around the lake and dip their branches into the water.
3. Head to the Taiping Casual Market (pronounced cashier market) and try Mee Rebus – a slightly spicy yet sweet potato gravy dish made with noodles. No where else in Malaysia can you find a dish similar or as tasty as the one from this stall!
4. Take the ferry to Penang Island– although most people will use the bridge, the ferry is a great alternative and you can enjoy the sights along the way.
5. Visit Malacca on a day trip from Kuala Lumpur for a unique experience - an old historic city with canals and cobblestone streets.
Looking for more information on Malaysia Holidays or cheap flights to Kuala Lumpur? Contact Flight Centre travel expert Jeanne Ng in our Flight Centre Ellerslie Store or one of Flight Centre's 135 Stores nationwide. Phone 0800 24 35 44