Leah van Leeuwen, of Flight Centre Albert Street, has recently travelled to Canada. Read her top tips on places to go and things to do in Canada:
1. Wander through the Granville Island Public Market in Vancouver. This is a foodie’s heaven with so many delicious options to choose from.
2. Drive from Jasper down to Lake Louise. You will experience some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world as well as a high chance of spotting, bears, moose, elk, and maybe even wolves. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is the perfect place to relax with a cocktail at the end of this drive.
3. Walk, bike or rollerblade around the Stanley Park seawall. Stanley Park is located only a short distance from downtown Vancouver and is known around the globe as one of the greatest parks.
4. Head over to Salt Spring Island, located in the Southern Gulf Islands. Every Saturday in the summer you can peruse the Ganges market which has been voted as one of the top 5 outdoor markets in Canada! Vendor’s here must have ‘made it, baked it, or grown it’.
5. Treat yourself to a night at Poets Cove Resort and Spa on Pender Island. Located in the Southern Gulf Islands you can whale watch right from the shore.
Looking for more information on a Canada or Cheap flights to Vancouver? Contact Flight Centre travel expert Leah van Leeuwen in our Flight Centre Albert Street or one of Flight Centre’s 135 Stores nationwide. Phone 0800 24 35 44