Flight Centre's Kathryn Trewin, from the Kerikeri Flight Centre store has experienced Fraser Island and shares her top 5 Must Do's
1. The best time to visit is between May and November, when the humpback whales are migrating. Stand at Indian Head and watch the whales playing only a few hundred metres away – a phenomenal experience!
2. The island is bigger than you might think. Make sure you stay for at least one night so you have time to experience everything.
3. Stop on the main beach at Eli Creek – take a walk up the path and swim back down in the creek. It’s only about 3-4 feet deep and lovely on a hot day.
4. Keep a close eye out for Dingoes – they tend to be more elusive these days, but they are there!
5. Do an organised trip with a local tour company – you will see so much more and get all of the stories that you miss out on when doing it on your own.
Looking for more information on Fraser Island? or Cheap Flights to Australia? Contact Flight Centre travel expert Kathryn Trewin in our Flight Centre Kerikeri store or one of Flight Centre's 135 stores nationwide. Phone 0800 24 35 44.