Flight Centre’s Albert Chan has recently visited Tokyo and shares his top 5 must-do’s:
1. Try and visit Tokyo in March during the cherry blossom season – it’s absolutely stunning.
2. Go to the Tsukiji Fish market for the freshest sushi and sashimi – this is one of the biggest fish markets in the world. The ‘Tuna Auction’ is extremely popular but you’ll need to get there early – it starts around 5.30am.
3. Visit Harajuku on a Sunday and admire the colorfully dressed Harajuku girls and other unique fashion statements.
4. Have a cocktail at the landmark Park Hyatt Tokyo and admire its spectacular city views. This New York style bar is located on the 52nd floor and featured in the famous movie ‘Lost in Translation’ with Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson.
5. Check out the NewLex Edo (known as The Lex) nightclub in Roppongi – a favourite for visiting celebrities - you might run into someone famous.