Columbia & Snake Rivers Journey from Portland
6 night cruise sailing from Portland, Oregon aboard the National Geographic Quest.
Travel Dates: 21 September 2019
Departing From: Portland - Oregon
Cruise Line: Lindblad Expeditions
Cruise Ship: National Geographic Quest
Call 0800 22 11 00 and
quote deal number 5420165
** Itinerary may vary by sailing date.
|21 Sep 19
|22 Sep 19
|23 Sep 19
||Columbia River Gorge
|23 Sep 19
|24 Sep 19
|25 Sep 19
||Exploring the Palouse River
|26 Sep 19
|27 Sep 19
National Geographic Quest
National Geographic Quest is a state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessel made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves, and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing... Read more
Beginning as a trickle in the high alpine meadows of western Canada, the Columbia River flows through great, forested mountains and down desert canyons
Joined by the Snake River, it rolls with increasing force through fertile farmlands, past snow-covered volcanoes, and finally knifes through a mountain range to complete a 1,200-mile journey to the wide sea. This is the grand gateway to the West, pioneered by Lewis and Clark, roamed by fur traders, and traversed by courageous settlers as they forged their way over the Oregon Trail. Our comfortable, small ships, are designed for exploring these historic waterways. Their size and maneuverability enable you to travel from the mouth of the Columbia all the way inland to Idaho, more than 450 miles upstream — a voyage impossible for a big ship.
To get where we are today, we drew upon decades of family exploration and travel experience. While some fathers pass on a family business with a sign out front, my father handed down a passion for insatiable curiosity when it came to the unknown, the faraway or the undiscovered. He was in the true definition of the word, an explorer. In the years that followed, the sea became increasingly more important, leading up to the present, where it is our entire focus. In the early '80s', we expanded our charter activities, which were very successful. There was one drawback, however. We had became very demanding and it became increasingly frustrating in not having total control of our ships. In 1987, we launched our first ship, the M.S. Polaris, and for a decade she roamed the world from the Arctic to the British Isles to the Amazon. Since 1997, she has served our guests exclusively in the Galapagos. It was with the Polaris that many of us really cut our teeth. We were proud and very happy with the ship and what we could do with her, but at the same time, every problem was now ours and in the early stages there were no shortages. Since then we have acquired five additional ships, Sea Lion (89), Sea Voyager (90), Endeavour (96), Sea Voyager (00) and our most recent ship the islander.
National Geographic Quest
National Geographic Quest is a state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessel made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves, and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing with the luxury of supreme comfort. Spacious cabins, open decks for wildlife viewing, and specialty tools for exploration make it the ideal platform for sailing in the remote areas of Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize. Designed with decades of expedition experience in the region, National Geographic Quest more than comfortably accommodates 100 guests in 50 cabins. Her twin expedition craft landing platform allow us to rapidly get on and off the ship to take advantage of wildlife sightings and to ensure we maximize our time off the ship exploring. Created with a shallow draft, Quest draws only nine feet of water allowing her to sail into places where much larger ships cannot go.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and
should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be
available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any
particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for
your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may
differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a
Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information
regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any
blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other
terms and conditions which may apply.
Call 0800 22 11 00 or email a Travel Expert to find out more