New Guinea Island Encounter
|22 Feb 20||Brisbane||16:00|
|23 Feb 20||At Sea|
|24 Feb 20||At Sea|
|25 Feb 20||Alotau, PNG||08:00||18:00|
|26 Feb 20||Kitava, Trobriands, PNG||08:00||16:00|
|27 Feb 20||Rabaul||08:00|
|28 Feb 20||Kiriwina Island, Papua New Guinea||09:00||17:00|
|29 Feb 20||Conflict Islands, PNG||08:00||17:00|
|01 Mar 20||At Sea|
|02 Mar 20||At Sea|
|03 Mar 20||Brisbane||08:00|
P&O guests can now slip and slide their way to the Pacific onboard Pacific Dawn, which features the wildest and longest waterslides on an Australian cruise ship. The two new... Read more
10 night cruise sailing from Brisbane aboard the Pacific Dawn
P&O guests can now slip and slide their way to the Pacific onboard Pacific Dawn, which features the wildest and longest waterslides on an Australian cruise ship. The two new slides, both around 80 metres long, form the centrepiece of a massive refurbishment of the Brisbane-based superliner. One slide is transparent so that spectators can watch guests shoot through its twists and turns, while the other slide is multi-coloured, with music pumping through it to give guests a high impact ride to the bottom. Other additions include a waterpark and P&O’s first virtual reality activity at sea from Sony Interactive Entertainment Australia. As part of the refurbishment, the 2000-guest Pacific Dawn has also become the first in the fleet to wear the cruise line’s striking new livery featuring the Southern Cross, a national symbol in both Australia and New Zealand. Additions to the 70,000-tonne ship include more than 3000 pieces of new and reupholstered furniture, more than 1500 pieces of art and accessories and more than 500 new pieces of signage. In the teenage clubs, HQ and HQ+, the entertainment has gone to a whole new level with the cruise line’s new virtual reality experience, featuring a range of popular Sony PS4 titles including Tearaway Unfolded, Gravity Rush 2 and Ratchet & Clank as part of the exclusive partnership with Sony. Pacific Dawn’s guests can now also enjoy a range of other new features on the ship including The Pantry, an international market place of nine fresh food outlets which replaces the traditional ship buffet. Among its offerings are the Mediterranean-inspired Nic and Toni’s and seafood restaurant, Shell & Bones. Meanwhile some of the ship’s key public spaces – including the atrium, Charlie’s cafe, The Orient and the Promenade Bar – have been redesigned to mirror the contemporary look which has become a trademark of the P&O fleet in recent years. The refit comes at the start of P&O’s biggest year of Queensland cruising, with two ships sailing from Brisbane year round.
Gym, Fitness Center, Jogging Track, Deck Sports, Aerobics,
Medical Centre, Art Gallery, Duty-free shop, Shore Excursion Office, Reception, Boutique,
The Restaurant, Waterfront Restaurant, The Atrium, The Pantry, The Orient Bar, Lounge, Pizzeria, Bar, Steak House, Palm Court, Promenade Lounge and Bar, Main Lobby, Ocean Grill,
Spa, Sauna, Hot Tubs, Swimming Pool, Thermal Suite, Lido Pool, Massage, Whirlpool, Lotus Spa,
Photo Gallery, Show Lounges, Children's Club,
Your Choice Dining is the flexible onboard dining policy across the fleet. It means passengers can choose what to eat and when, so nothing need interfere with your onboard schedule of activities or relaxation. Beyond mealtimes, hot snacks, ice cream, tea and coffee are available throughout the day, as well as afternoon tea complete with a variety of cakes – a true Aussie tradition.
At dinner, the choice is all yours. The main dining rooms are full service a la carte restaurants, open from 5.30pm until late, serving modern Australian cuisine and international favourites. Table reservations can be made onboard in advance, but are not obligatory. You can simply turn up when you're hungry, sit where you like and order whatever takes your fancy! Or, enjoy a more casual buffet-style meal or visit one of the many onboard eateries serving bistro meals, pizza, pasta and more – all at no additional charge.
Breakfast and lunch can be taken a la carte in the main dining halls, or from the impressive buffet. When it comes to lunch, choices abound again. Whether it's pan-fried salmon, prime rump steak or fresh salad, make sure you save room for dessert as there are plenty of mouth-watering ones to tempt you.
Salt Grill is the jewel in the crown of P&O Pacific Dawn onboard dining. Celebrity chef Luke Mangan has teamed up with P&O to serve up his signature dishes in this speciality restaurant, enabling passengers to eat out in a premium restaurant at a fraction of on-land prices. Additional charges apply to dine in these restaurants.
24 hour room-service is available at an additional charge.
Dietary requirements should be advised at least 60 days prior to departure, or at the time of booking.
The daytime dress code is casual, and evenings vary from smart casual on a standard night to cocktail dresses and black tie on cocktail nights and whatever is appropriate on themed nights.
The children’s centre on board the Pacific Dawn is open daily from 9am to 10pm to entertain cruisers aged 3 to 17. Staffed by the qualified, experienced Youth Activity Team, activities are arranged by age and are carried out in a secure and supervised environment.
Turtle Cove and the Shark Shack cater separately for children aged 3 to 6 and 7 to 10, with arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, ice cream parties, talent shows, discos and more. Fun and games are a fact of life all day every day at Turtle Cove and the Shark Shack. P&O's own lovable characters TC and Skipper make a personal appearance in their own Junior Cruisers Show and a special onboard program in conjunction with Sydney Aquarium teaches youngsters about marine life in a fun and interactive way.
Teenagers' and tweenagers' own HQ and HQ+ are open for cruisers aged 11 to 17. Whether it's a mocktail party, hip-hop dance lessons, karaoke session, talent show or PlayStation 3 competitions, older children have plenty of opportunity to meet new friends and have fun.
Group sitting is available nightly between 10.30pm and 1am, at a nominal per-child per-hour charge.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- Rates displayed are P&O Go fares, giving you a great cruise fare without all the bells and whistles when you know exactly when you want to holiday. Please note the Gofare has different deposit and cancellation conditions to other P&O fares. The deposit amount (90% of the cruise fare) is non-refundable and is due within 3 days of booking, when the booking is made 76 days or more before the cruise departure. The final payment is due 75 days prior to the cruise departure. If you have booked on a Go fare 75 days or less prior to the cruise departure, the full cruise fare amount is due within 3 days of booking. Go fare bookings cancelled up until 15 days prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee of 90% of the cruise fare. Go fare bookings cancelled 14 days or less prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the cruise fare. Should you need to change the name of a guest (replace a passenger), a $50 name change fee applies for each change on a Go fare booking. Go fares are not combinable with any other offer unless specifically stated otherwise.
Pacific Dawn Cruise Deals
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.