ITALIAN ESCAPE - ROME TO VENICE
From 07/03/2021 to 13/03/2021
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 2.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY. Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)
Day 2 - ROME A fascinating day awaits. Your guided sightseeing includes inside visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL where you can marvel at Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment. Visit monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Visit the magnificent COLOSSEUM next to the Roman Forum and the Arch of Constantine to hear about the gladiators who fought here. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore famous sites. (B)
Day 3 - ROME-ASSISI-FLORENCE. Enjoy a morning break in the majestic medieval hilltop town of Assisi. Visit the massive 13th-century ST. FRANCIS BASILICA, the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God's creatures. Enter Tuscany and arrive in Florence, "Cradle of the Renaissance." (B)
Day 4 - FLORENCE During your walking tour with a Local Guide, visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS, home to Michelangelo's celebrated statue of David. Admire the magnificent cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze "Gates of Paradise," and sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Enjoy a light lunch next to Santa Croce Square with time to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. (B,L)
Day 5 - FLORENCE-PISA-VENICE ISLAND. This morning, drive to Pisa. In the spectacular Square of Miracles, pose for a popular photo "leaning" against the amazing Leaning Tower. Drive through the wooded Apennine Hills, known as the backbone of Italy to Venice, a magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe. (B)
Day 6 - VENICE ISLAND Take a PRIVATE BOAT to join your Local Guide for a walking tour. Highlights are ST. MARK'S SQUARE, a favorite location for many movies, the Byzantine BASILICA, lavish DOGES' PALACE, and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. Immerse yourself in the wonderful atmosphere of Venice. Wander through the narrow streets, and discover Rialto Bridge. You may wish to take an optional gondola serenade. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits to celebrate your Italian Escape. (B,D)
Day 7 - VENICE ISLAND Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans