Wonders of the Kimberley
From 31/07/2020 to 28/09/2020
Darwin City Tour – Darwin Museum, East PointKatherine Gorge CruiseKatherine Outback ExperienceAdelaide War CemeteryNitmiluk National ParkKatherine Outback ExperienceKatherine Gorge CruiseDurak HomesteadOrd River CruiseCafé Sandalwood BMG DinnerHoochery DistilleryEl Questro Wilderness ParkChamberlain Gorge CruiseEl Questro StationMangkaja Aboriginal Art Gallery ExperienceEmma Gorge – Hike & Swim (High level of Fitness Required)Geiki Gorge CruiseCable Beach Sunset DrinksGantheaume Point Broome – Dinosaur Footprints.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - Meet your Travel Director in the former pearling outpost of Broome, and relax over a drink before dining in your resort's bar and grill with its sweeping views of the Indian Ocean.
2 - Today is yours to explore this tropical hideaway. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the pristine sands of Cable Beach and swim in its turquoise waters, or wander through Chinatown and shop for pearls. At Gantheaume Point, dinosaur tracks are revealed in the beach's red rocks at low tide.
3 - Tour the city of Broome this morning before travelling on to Geikie Gorge for a scenic cruise on tranquil waters bordered by the gorge's towering limestone walls. Watch for freshwater crocodiles, fruit-bats and wallabies, then continue your journey east to Fitzroy Crossing.
4 - As you move on today through stunning landscapes, you'll visit an art gallery for the chance to meet Indigenous artists. Continue to Halls Creek, a town rich in both Aboriginal and European history and culture.
5 - Today join a local Indigenous guide for a tour of the famous Argyle Diamond Mine, the world's largest source of coloured diamonds. In the afternoon, continue to your tented cabin nestled in an oasis of native pandanus and palms in the El Questro Wilderness Park.
6 - Awake to the calls of native birds, and after breakfast, explore El Questro Wilderness Park followed by a cruise on Chamberlain Gorge, an extensive waterhole fringed by tropical vegetation and soaring escarpments. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure, perhaps taking a dip in the pool, relaxing with a good book on your cabin's veranda, or joining your Travel Director for a hike to Emma Gorge and a dip in its crystal-clear waterhole.
7 - This morning, travel on to Kununurra, the food bowl of WA. Take a guided tour of an Ord River rum distillery, and visit the historic Durack Homestead, built in 1895. Later, cruise along the Ord River, a permanent waterway that supports an abundance of native birds, marsupials and amphibians. Experience a magical sunset over the water before your arrival in Kununurra.
8 - Today you may choose to take an optional experience early-morning scenic flight over the spectacular beehive-shaped towers of the Bungle Bungle Range or a full-day 4WD tour of the Bungle Bungles. If you don't choose one of these, you'll tour Kununurra, a hub for agriculture, tourism and mining. Dine this evening on locally-grown produce at a privately hosted Be My Guest dinner in the heart of Kununurra's sandalwood plantations.
9 - Witness the dramatic transformation of the landscape today as you journey to the northeast across vast pastoral leases and Aboriginal homelands into the river floodplains and grasslands of the Northern Territory's stunning Top End. Later on you'll meet Tom Curtain during his entertaining show at the Katherine Outback Experience.
10 - This morning, travel to Nitmiluk National Park, where a tranquil cruise along the spectacular Katherine Gorge will allow you to sense the spirituality of the land. Catch glimpses of wildlife and learn about the history and culture of the local traditional owners, the Jawoyn people. Later, travel north along the Stuart Highway, stopping at Adelaide River's poignant War Cemetery. On arrival in Darwin, tour the sights of Australia's only tropical state capital before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner at a restaurant overlooking the waterfront.
11 - Say farewell to your new-found friends when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.