From 21/07/2020 to 25/09/2020
Darwin City Tour – Darwin Museum, East PointKatherine Gorge CruiseKatherine Outback ExperienceAdelaide War CemeteryNitmiluk National ParkKatherine Outback ExperienceKatherine Gorge CruiseDurak HomesteadOrd River CruiseCafé Sandalwood BMG DinnerHoochery DistilleryEl Questro Wilderness ParkChamberlain Gorge CruiseEl Questro StationMangkaja Aboriginal Art Gallery ExperienceEmma Gorge – Hike & Swim (High level of Fitness Required)Geiki Gorge CruiseCable Beach Sunset DrinksGantheaume Point Broome – Dinosaur Footprints.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - Life in cosmopolitan Darwin, Australia's only tropical capital, is vibrant but unhurried. Take an afternoon tour of the city, then enjoy a Welcome Reception and dinner this evening with your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a restaurant that affords spectacular waterfront views.
2 - Travel south along the Stuart Highway today, stopping at Adelaide River's poignant War Cemetery. This afternoon, travel via Katherine to Nitmiluk National Park, where a tranquil cruise along the spectacular Katherine Gorge will allow you to sense the spirituality of the land. Catch glimpses of wildlife and learn about the history and culture of the local traditional owners, the Jawoyn people. Later on you'll meet Tom Curtain during his entertaining show at the Katherine Outback Experience.
3 - Watch the landscape transform dramatically as you journey across vast pastoral leases and Aboriginal homelands into Western Australia. Pause at the historic Durack Homestead, built in 1895. Later, cruise along the Ord River, which supports an abundance of native fish, birds and marsupials. Experience a magical sunset over the water before your arrival in Kununurra.
4 - Today you may choose between an optional experience early-morning scenic flight over the spectacular beehive-shaped towers of the Bungle Bungle Range or a full-day 4WD tour of the Bungle Bungles. Otherwise tour Kununurra with your Travel Director. This evening, dine on locally-grown produce at a privately hosted Be My Guest dinner in the heart of Kununurra's sandalwood plantations.
5 - This morning, take a guided tour of an Ord River rum distillery before travelling on to the Gibb River Road to your safari-style tented cabin nestled in an oasis of native pandanus and palms at the foot of the red-hued Cockburn Ranges in the El Questro Wilderness Park.
6 - Awake to the calls of native birds, and after breakfast, explore El Questro Wilderness Park followed by a cruise on Chamberlain Gorge, an extensive waterhole fringed by tropical vegetation and soaring escarpments. Enjoy a free afternoon, perhaps taking a dip in the pool, relaxing with a good book on your cabin's veranda, or joining your Travel Director for a hike to Emma Gorge and a dip in its crystal-clear waterhole.
7 - Today join a local Indigenous guide for a tour of the famous Argyle Diamond Mine, the world's largest source of coloured diamonds. Continue south to the historic town of Halls Creek.
8 - Travel on to the remote township of Fitzroy Crossing this morning, stopping en route at Halls Creek to visit an art gallery with a chance to meet Indigenous artists. This afternoon, cruise with a local guide through magnificent Geikie Gorge, watching for freshwater crocodiles, fruit-bats and wallabies as the 30-metre walls of the gorge tower above you.
9 - Travel through spectacular landscapes today en route to the former pearling outpost of Broome. Enjoy a town tour with your Travel Director, visiting the fascinating Japanese Cemetery and nearby Gantheaume Point, whose rugged red cliffs rise in stark contrast to the cobalt blue waters. Relax with a drink while the sun sets over the Indian Ocean.
10 - Today is yours to explore this tropical hideaway. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the pristine sands of Cable Beach and swim in its turquoise waters, or wander through Chinatown and shop for pearls. Tonight, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.
11 - Say farewell to your new-found friends when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.