From 13/04/2021 to 12/10/2021
Adelaide Central Markets Guided TourSevenhills Cellars WineryWadlata Outback CentreCoober Pedy Opal CentreUluru Sunset Experience with Sparkling wineUluru Sunrise and guided Uluru walkKata Tjuta guided walkKing Canyon Guided Rim walkAlice Springs Town TourAlice Springs Telegraph StationAlice Springs Desert ParkRoyal Flying Doctor ServiceSchool of the AirEarth Sanctuary Dinner under the stars (BMG)Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles)Mataranka Thermal SpringsKatherine Gorge CruiseYellow Waters Cruise in KakaduUbirr Rock Art SiteNourlangie Rock Art SiteDarwin City Tour – Darwin Museum, East PointDarwin Harbour Dinner Cruise.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - On arrival today, explore the major sights of the city. Later, join a local food expert for a guided tour of the vibrant Adelaide Central Market. Relax this evening at a Welcome Reception and dinner.
2 - Drive through the rolling hills of the Clare Valley for a wine-tasting at Sevenhill Cellars, the region's oldest winery. Later, travel through the Flinders Ranges to Wilpena Pound.
3 - Take a walk with your Travel Director to the faithfully-restored Hills Homestead and Wangarra Lookout, which affords panoramic views over Wilpena Pound. Journey through the historic town of Quorn to Port Augusta. Visit Wadlata Outback Centre before dining at a local restaurant.
4 - Visit a former rocket-testing site at Woomera before travelling through salt-lake country to isolated Coober Pedy, regarded by many as the opal capital of the world. View an opal demonstration with a local expert, who'll then lead you through some of the town's iconic underground buildings.
5 - Cross the border into the Northern Territory and continue to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Sparkling wine is served this evening as you witness the sunset over Australia's most renowned natural landmark.
6 - Rise early to experience a majestic Uluru sunrise. After a tour of the base of Uluru, take a guided walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole where your Travel Director will explain the significance of the ancient Aboriginal rock paintings you'll encounter. This afternoon's journey takes you to Kata Tjuta, thirty-six magnificent domes of red-hued sedimentary rock.
7 - Travel through a stark red desert landscape to awe-inspiring Kings Canyon. The 6-kilometre walk around the rim of the canyon will reward you with marvellous views of Watarrka National Park. A shorter, more relaxed walk takes you along the sandy creek bed, and leads to a lookout point affording excellent views of the towering canyon walls.
8 - Travelling past vast cattle properties, you'll develop a true appreciation for the magnitude of the Australian outback. On arrival in Alice Springs visit the historic Telegraph Station and learn how it relayed message between Darwin and Adelaide for 60 years.
9 - Join a local Aboriginal guide at Alice Springs Desert Park to learn about the culture and traditions of the Arrernte People. Then visit the headquarters of the Royal Flying Doctor Service. This evening, join the Falzon family at Earth Sanctuary World Nature Centre for a Be My Guest barbecue dinner. Hear from brothers, Tom and Danny, about the sustainable lifestyle they have established.
10 - Visit the legendary School of the Air, then travel north, stopping to view Karlu Karlu, an intriguing outcrop of precariously-balanced granite boulders. You'll stay tonight in the former gold-mining town of Tennant Creek.
11 - Call in to the quirky Daly Waters Pub before continuing to Mataranka, where a swim in the warm, crystal-clear waters of the thermal springs is a must-do. Journey on to Katherine.
12 - Travel to Nitmiluk National Park and take a tranquil cruise along the spectacular Katherine Gorge. Then journey deep into Kakadu for a cruise on Yellow Water Billabong, famed for its birdlife and estuarine crocodiles.
13 - Visit Ubirr, one of Kakadu's renowned Aboriginal rock art sites, then walk to nearby Nadab Lookout, for views over the surrounding wetlands. This afternoon in Darwin, choose an Included Choice sightseeing experience. Visit the colourful Mindil Beach Sunset Market where we'll treat you to dinner or visit Crocosaurus Cove to explore at your leisure.
14 - Travel to Litchfield National Park, pausing to examine the park's amazing termite mounds. Stop to view Florence Falls, then venture on to Wangi Falls to swim in the large waterhole before heading back to Darwin. Join your Travel Director for a Darwin Harbour Farewell Dinner Cruise.
15 - Bid a fond farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 07 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.