Mediterranean from Marseilles
Day 1 - Marseille, France
Day 2 - Savona, Italy Above the port of Savona, the Priamar Fortress greets every departure and arrival of the Costa ships sailing in the Mediterranean. Genoa and its aquarium are nearby. The port of Savona, which you can explore during your cruise in Italy, is one of the prettiest of the Italian Riviera. The lovely climate, summers that are never to hot, mild winters and the exceptional beauty of the sea near the town makes Savona an excellent base to set out to explore Liguria. Savona is notable for the Priamar Fortress, which has dominated the town since the 16th century, and also for its historic centre where you can visit Savona Cathedral. A stop in Savona can also be an opportunity to visit the nearby city of Genoa and its narrow, picturesque streets, known as “caruggi”.
Day 3 - Civitavecchia, Italy From the ancient port of Civitavecchia you will land in the heart of the Roman and Etruscan civilisations; the old town is also a fabulous mediaeval village. Civitavecchia of today is the result of a thousand-year long process of civilisation and urbanisation in the Lazio region. In the area, close to where this city is located (and just 70 km from Rome), there are important historical elements that, over the centuries, have overlapped and accumulated to confirm the presence and evolution of organised social groups as far back as the prehistoric age. In fact, numerous traces of primitive settlements are found along the coast of Civitavecchia. Equally numerous and important are the Etruscan, Roman and mediaeval structures that have made the city an important urban centre and renowned as the Port of Rome since antiquity. During a cruise departing from Civitavecchia, before continuing in the Mediterranean, you can take advantage of this stop to visit Rome, the grandiose capital with its world-famous monuments: the Forums, the Colosseum, the Pantheon, Trajan's Column, the St. Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Piazza Venezia, Piazza di Spagna and many more.
Day 4 - Messina, Sicily The origins of Messina are uncertain, as is the case with other cities on the island of Sicily. The first evidence of the city concerns Zancle, its first name, as baptised by Zanclon, a character of mystery and legend. The historical centre of the city was constructed by the Phoenicians who made Messina a flourishing commercial centre, followed by Greek colonists from Cumae and Euboea.
Day 5 - Katakolon, Greece The spirit of the Olympics still lingers in their hometown of Olympia. From the port of Katakolon you can easily reach the site of the legendary ancient athletes. During the stopover in Katakolon, treat yourself to a visit to the port located on the Bay of Agios Andreas; despite having undergone several changes, it has managed to retain its historic soul. Do not miss the chance to visit the archaeological site of Olympia, one of the largest in Greece, which hosted the first Panhellenic Olympic Games. Katakolon is a small tourist town: have fun and discover the ways of its inhabitants, stroll among flowering streets and sit in one of the many cafés.
Day 6 - At sea
Day 7 - Venice, Italy Home of poignant romance, Venice is the city of water par excellence, also known as La Serenissima. The port of Venice and the city itself looks out towards the Adriatic Sea. The city of the Doges is situated in the middle of a lagoon, has more canals than roads and boasts incredible beauty and a unique charm derived from centuries of history. The best way to see the city and to discover and admire the palaces and churches, is to travel along the canals in a gondola. This will take you to Piazza San Marco, the site of the Doge's Palace, a jewel of Venetian architecture. Alternatively, art lovers can explore the Pinault Foundation in the Palazzo Grassi, before continuing with the cruise in the Mediterranean.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..