Best of Norway
From 07/05/2021 to 25/09/2021
ORIENTATION of BergenVISIT Hardangerfjord, Geiranger Fjord, the State Church at Lom and Vigeland Sculpture ParkVIEW Voringfoss, Steinsdalsfoss, Haakon's Hall in Bergen, Akershus, the Opera and Royal Palace in OsloSEE Sognefjord, Bøyabreen Glacier and Hamar Olympic ice arena.
8 breakfasts6 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted HighlightsVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Prepare for a spellbinding encounter with nature - an untamed landscape of fjords, lakes and dense forests that begins in the understated capital of Oslo, set within beautiful natural surrounds. On arrival, you are transferred to your hotel. Spend the day exploring the city's interesting architecture and exquisite open spaces, before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your journey.
2 - We journey along the shores of the Tyrifjord to the ski resort of Geilo with its scenic location at the foot of Hallingskarvet, before continuing across the Hardanger Plateau to Voringfoss, a cascade of water that plunges impressively into the M?b?dalen Canyon below. We continue to Hardangerfjord - its title as the 'Queen of the Fjords' is well deserved and you'll have an opportunity to admire its deep blue waters as you travel along part of its shoreline to your hotel in ?ystese where you will dine tonight.
3 - A scenic drive along lakes and fjords will bring us to the 'Capital of Fjords', Bergen. We'll learn about the city's Hanseatic heritage, enjoying an orientation tour past the 13th-century Haakon's Hall and bustling fish market. Enjoy some free time to explore this colourful city. This evening, 'Connect With Locals' as the Øvre-Eide family welcome us on their farm for a 'Be My Guest' dinner.
4 - Delving straight back into Norway's inspiring natural landscapes, we continue to the 'King of Fjords', travelling via Voss, the country's adventure capital. There's some free time to embark on an Optional Experience on the Fl?m Railway, one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world.
5 - Journey from Sognefjord, Norway's longest and deepest fjord, to Valldal. See the impressive B?yabreen glacier, part of Jostedalsbreen, Europe's largest glacier. Your road trip is filled with pinch-me moments as you skirt past three different fjords.
6 - The Geirangerfjord takes centre stage today, as we embark on an epic adventure to explore its depths. We begin our adventure by embarking on a scenic cruise past its tumbling waterfalls and snow-capped peaks. We then make the short drive to Flydalsjuvet viewpoint for a breathtaking panoramic view of the fjord below. We return to Valldal where you can enjoy the afternoon at leisure. Perhaps, join an Optional Experience to drive Norway's most famous road, the Trollstigen, with its eleven hairpin bends.
7 - We enjoy a scenic drive to Lom, the gateway to the Jotunheimen Mountains. Here, we will 'Dive Into Culture' and visit a 12th-century Stave church, adorned with Runic inscriptions, paintings and carved dragon figures that are said to protect it against evil. We continue through the Gudbrandsdal Valley before arriving in Lillehammer, the proud host of the 1994 Winter Olympics.
8 - We return to Oslo where we spend the day exploring several of the city's highlights with a 'Local Specialist', including views of the medieval fortress of Akershus, overlooking Oslo's beautiful harbour, the Opera and the 19th-century Royal Palace. We finish our tour with a visit to the fascinating Vigeland Sculpture Park, proudly displaying the life's work of Gustav Vigeland. After a magnificent encounter with Norway's epic natural landscapes, we enjoy our last evening together at a Farewell Dinner, toasting to a memorable trip.
9 - Our journey through the fjords, falls and forests of Norway has come to an end. We bid our newfound friends a fond farewell and prepare to return home. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 03 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.