Festive St Petersburg and Moscow
From 09/12/2020 to 10/01/2021
SIGHTSEEING TOUR with a Local Specialist in St.
Petersburg and MoscowSMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING visit to the home of the Tsars on a guided tour with a group size of fewer than 25 guests, exploring the treasures of St.
Petersburg's Hermitage MuseumVISIT the Peter and Paul Fortress in St.
Petersburg and the Kremlin in MoscowVIEW the Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St.
Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great in St.
Petersburg and Red Square and St.
Basil's Cathedral in Moscow.
6 breakfasts2 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted HighlightsVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Imposing, stately, magnificent - St. Petersburg extends a warm welcome for a festive sojourn that will see you visit two imperial cities cloaked in a magical winter blanket. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and light dinner at your hotel before an enchanting introduction of the city during an orientation drive.
2 - Admire Peter the Great's inspiring vision that culminated in the creation of a majestic city to rival Europe's most magnificent capitals. Join your 'Local Specialist' on a sightseeing tour that will take you past the Tsar's regal Winter Palace, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the grand avenue of Nevsky Prospekt. Included is a visit to the 18th-century Peter and Paul Fortress.
3 - Catherine the Great's cherished collection of art takes centre stage today as we 'Dive Into Culture' and enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing visit to the Hermitage Museum with a 'Local Specialist'. Navigate the spectacular corridors that house one of the world's largest and most valuable art collections representing the development of world culture and art from the Stone Age to the 20th century. Spend the rest of your day exploring the grand boulevards, golden spires and regal fa?ades of this great city. Why not end your St. Petersburg visit in a colourful whirl of traditional dance at a Russian folklore show?
4 - Tuck into hearty Russian fare before embarking on a high-speed train to Moscow, passing a wintery landscape of soaring church spires and small villages. The Russian capital wears its extraordinary triumphs and tumultuous history on its sleeve and we have an opportunity to explore both over the next few days. Follow the imposing red walls of the Kremlin and the chilly banks of the Moskva River on this exploration of Russia's political, economic, religious and financial hub.
5 - An enchanting winter wonderland awaits as we admire the more than 400 dazzling light installations that illuminate the city for its annual Christmas Light festival. Stroll through city squares that come alive with Christmas Market stalls. Smells of mulled wine, gingerbread and caviar-filled crepes fill the air while stalls spill over with an astounding array of handcrafted gifts. Join a 'Local Specialist' on a sightseeing tour to see the vibrant fa?ade of St. Basil's Cathedral and visit the Kremlin. There's plenty of time later to stock up on festive souvenirs and explore one of the world's grandest cities on your own terms.
6 - Moscow's fascinating history and culture are yours to explore today. Spend your full day at leisure discovering the victories and tragedies that have shaped this magnificent city, from the elegant frescoed metro stations to the sad graveyard of Fallen Monuments. Consider visiting one of the city's museums or join an Optional Experience to Sergiyev Posad, the largest religious and cultural centre in Russia. Our journey together is almost at its end as we join our travel companions for a Farewell Dinner.
7 - For now it's time to say a fond do svidaniya to two great Russian cities. Airport transfers are available.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 May 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.