Christmas Markets of Austria, Germany and Switzerland
From 24/11/2020 to 20/12/2020
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Vienna (2 Nights) Write your very own Christmas story on a festive foray to some of Europe's most magical Christmas markets. Our journey begins in Vienna, which you will have an opportunity to explore before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal followed by an evening orientation drive.
Day 2 - Vienna Sightseeing and Christmas Markets Join your 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour of the Austrian capital, from its Parliament and City Hall, to the grand State Opera House and Hofburg Palace, once the home of the Habsburgs, one of the most powerful royal houses of Europe. We feed our Christmas spirit with a visit to the enchanting Christkindlmarkt this afternoon and feast on delicious gingerbread and gl?hwein, wandering past wooden stalls piled high with handcrafted toys, seasonal gifts and tasty festive fare.
Day 3 - Vienna - Salzburg - Munich (2 Nights) Venture along the scenic Danube Valley to Mozart's beloved Salzburg, where we'll 'Dive Into Culture' with a 'Local Specialist' on a walking tour to see the Mirabell Gardens and other sights that featured in the filming of the 'Sound of Music'. Later, travel past beautiful alpine landscapes to Munich, the capital of Bavaria. This evening, we dine at our hotel.
Day 4 - Munich Orientation and Free Time Bundle up warmly and join your Travel Director on an orientation tour of one of Germany's liveliest cities. Embrace the festive cheer in Marienplatz with its impressive Town Hall and the ornate Glockenspiel. Then, spend the rest of your day savouring the sights, sounds and smells of Munich's Christmas market - a dazzling display of twinkling lights, carols and a magnificent Christmas tree. Continue your feast and indulge in Munich's unrivalled hospitality with an optional visit to enjoy the beer hall atmosphere at one of Munich's most traditional restaurants.
Day 5 - Munich - Oberammergau - Innsbruck We leave Munich behind and travel through the romantic Bavarian countryside en route to Oberammergau, which hosts the poignant Passion Play every ten years. Admire the village's intricate woodcarvings and elaborate frescoes depicting Bavarian themes before continuing to Innsbruck. Indulge in delicious Kiachl doughnuts at the bustling Christmas market before returning to your hotel for dinner.
Day 6 - Innsbruck - Vaduz - Lucerne (2 Nights) A winter wonderland beckons as we see the ski jump that towers over Innsbruck before continuing to Vaduz to view its turreted castle, perched perfectly above the Liechtenstein capital. Our final stop today is in Lucerne, where we'll spend the next two nights. Our orientation tour of the city takes us past the sad Lion of Lucerne and famous wooden Chapel Bridge.
Day 7 - Lucerne Orientation and Free Time Embrace the Yuletide cheer in true Swiss-style during a visit to Lucerne's Christmas market at Franziskanerplatz, in the heart of the city's Old Town. Ramble past traditional wooden stalls, a warm mug of gl?hwein in hand, and admire the swirling Christmas carousel, filled with the joyful sounds of happy children. The rest of the day is yours to spend at leisure, or to join your Travel Director for an Optional Experience to the peak of a nearby mountain top. Tonight, we celebrate our magical journey together during a Farewell Dinner filled with Christmas cheer and all the trimmings.
Day 8 - Lucerne - Depart Zurich We bid a festive farewell to our travel companions, returning home with magical Christmas memories. There is a morning transfer to Zurich Airport from Lucerne. Sightseeing Highlights SIGHTSEEING TOUR with a Local Specialist in Vienna and Salzburg ORIENTATION of Munich, Oberammergau, Innsbruck and Lucerne VISIT the Christmas Markets of Vienna, Salzburg, Munich, Innsbruck and Lucerne and Vaduz, the capital of Liechtenstein VIEW Mozart's birthplace in Salzburg, the Marienplatz in Munich, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck and the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in Lucerne SEE stunning alpine scenery
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..