Rock the Centre, Alice to Yulara
From 01/09/2020 to 03/01/2021
Feel the power of Uluru during a walk around the base of the sacred monolith or on a shorter stroll to a nearby watering hole, the choice is yours.
Enjoy a guided hike along the rim of Kings Canyon and take in the surprisingly diverse Outback landscape, from deep canyons to the shaded pools of the Garden of Eden.
Get closer to nature with your very own swag, a cross between a bedroll and a tent that allows you to admire the stars as you fall asleep.
A three-day tour with daily departures, you can fit this adventure into a long weekend or book on a whim when domestic flights are on sale.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 2.
Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights),Multishare (1 night).
Age: min 18.
Group Size: 6 - 24.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Alice Springs to Uluru (Ayers Rock) It’s an early start as we head South out of Alice Springs along the legendary Stuart Highway. After a bit of ‘breaky’ (ATA speak for breakfast) we keep driving, until your guide turns right onto the Lasseter Highway. Woohoo! There’s not many opportunities to turn in the outback! En-route you see one of the Red Centre’s three tors, Mt Connor, before sighting the mighty Uluru. After a tasty lunch we’re off to Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), which is the local aboriginal word for ‘many heads’. There’s 36 domes (or heads) in total, so you’ll have the chance to walk between them and get a sense of their immense size of the domes. To cap off a wonderful day, we take the time to watch the setting outback sun change the colour of one of Australia’s great icons. After the Uluru sunset we drive to camp for a hot shower and dinner. Who wants 5 star accommodation, when you can experience 1,000 star accommodation … enjoy your first night sleeping under the stars in a swag (Aussie bedroll), or in one our permanently erected tents.
Day 2 - Uluru sunrise The Uluru sunrise can be as equally spectacular as sunset, so an early start this this morning can’t be missed. Absorb the sheer size with a base walk around Uluru. The let your guide explain ‘Tjukurpa’ the Anangu word that describes the law and creation, and fascination insights during an interpretive Mala walk. You will then visit the Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Cultural Centre to view the world-famous dot-art designs from the Central desert region before leaving the park and driving along the Luritja Highway to ATA’s exclusive camp near Kings Canyon. After a hearty Aussie meal the permanent tents are there for you to use, however why not ‘swag-it’ under the star tonight.
Day 3 - Kings Canyon Rim Walk – Alice Springs After some breakfast and filling our water bottles, we head into the Watarrka National Park. Take a breath and a moment to enjoy the stunning views on the steep walk up Kings Canyon. Once up on the plateau you’ll have time to enjoy more amazing views; the rim walk offers a variety of geological features including the lost city, natural amphitheatres, rock chasms and of course the sheer faces of the North and South walls of the Canyon. The plant life is extra-ordinary with a cycad species that have survived from a prehistoric era, and beautiful waterhole which is appropriately named the ‘Garden of Eden’. A rewarding lunch can be enjoyed, and with a full bellies, relax as you guide drives you back to Alice Springs.
Day 4 - Alice Springs - Yulara AYQ This morning is about getting you to Yulara or the Ayers Rock Airport (near Uluru). Need to catch up on a little sleep? In between some information from your guide, have a snooze (ATA speak for a sleep) or allow the endless outback landscape pass you by. There’s a couple of stops to take a stretch.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..