La Tomatina - Hotel
From 01/08/2021 to 31/08/2021
Experience one of the most eccentric and crazy Spanish fiestas of all time! .
Explore the beautiful city of Valencia.
Party ‘til dawn at the epic official La Tomatina After Party.
Your legendary Busabout crew.
2 nights’ accommodation .
Transfers to/from Bunol for the tomato fight.
Transfers to/from the official After Party.
Entrance to the official After Party.
Entrance into the tomato fight.
Orientation of Valencia.
Busabout festival wristband .
Busabout festival T-Shirt.
Busabout Festival Headband.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Barcelona to Valencia It’s time to get the wheels rolling this morning, as we head for the beautiful city of Valencia! Enjoy the views out the window as we cruise past spectacular scenery while your guide fills you in on the deep history and tales of the region. Valencia is known for its delicious oranges, tasty paella and of course the local drink horchata––add these to your list of things to seek out while you’re there! We’ll make our arrival early this afternoon to our hotel, located slap-bang in the middle of town. Then it’s time to get your bearings on an orientation walk of the city. Your guide will show you the main sights, so soak up the beautiful architecture and the laidback vibes, and shop for any essentials for the battle to come. Traditionally locals wear all-white outfits with red scarves around their necks. Closed toe shoes are a must, while goggles, snorkels and anything else to make this ridiculous festival more ridiculous are encouraged! For dinner, you’re in the perfect place to enjoy some of the best food Spain has to offer: indulge in an authentic paella or perhaps enjoy some tapas and beer and of course sangria. This festival is all about culture and tradition, so tonight why not dive in head first and sign up to enjoy an optional flamenco show, ask your guide for details.
Day 2 - Valencia to Bunol to Valencia It’s FIGHT DAY! We have a full day of carnage ahead so it’s up and at ‘em nice and early. We’ll meet at the hotel reception, then it’s all aboard our private coach to the tiny town of Bunol! Breakfast is served on the coach so make sure you fill up. After a short drive we’ll arrive in this otherwise sleepy town that explodes into life for this festival as tens of thousands of people come to battle. Follow your guide through the busy streets to take your positions. There’ll be a chance to grab some snacks and an early morning sangria along the way. The festivities begin with the Palo Jabon, which is essentially a greased-up pole topped with a Spanish Ham, which the brave (and silly) attempt to retrieve. Once the dust has settled, all tomatoey hell breaks loose! The fight lasts for a couple of hours and then it’s time to be hosed down by the obliging locals before boarding the coach back to Valencia… phew! This afternoon have a siesta, explore some more of the town and then prepare for the included La Tomatina Official After Party. This is a ticketed event, located at an awesome venue just out of town (think DJs, podiums, palm trees and outdoor water fountains). Busabout get VIP transfers there, included entrance, and a night to remember! - Breakfast included
Day 3 - Valencia to Barcelona Recover from the wild night with some breakfast this morning before we board our coach! Fear not, you can rest that weary head on the drive back to Barcelona, where it all began. We’ll arrive back into this beautiful city mid-afternoon where the tour finishes on arrival. Use the afternoon to visit Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia, hit the beach or maybe join an optional Spanish Tapas tour (ask your Guide for details). We hope to see you again soon! - Breakfast included
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans