LISBON TO MADRID ESCAPE
From 28/02/2021 to 10/03/2021
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 3.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN LISBON, PORTUGAL. Welcome to Lisbon! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 - LISBON Lisbon was the centre of Europe's longest-lived overseas empire. Portugal's imperial ambitions date back to Prince Henry the Navigator's 15th-century discoveries in West Africa. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features a drive through the Baixa quarter's main squares. Then, enjoy a walk through the cobblestone alleys of quaint ALFAMA, the popular quarter of the seamen and Fado singers. Drive along the grand Avenida da Liberdade up to Pombal Square, and stop for pictures of Belem Tower and the Monument of the Discoverers. Visit JERONIMOS MONASTERY with the tomb of Vasco da Gama. An interesting optional excursion to the royal palace of Queluz is available, as well as dinner at a typical taverna with Fado-style entertainment. (B)
Day 3 - LISBON-FATIMA-TOMAR-OPORTO. Stop in Fatima, where Mary appeared to three shepherd children in 1917, and in Tomar, the former seat of the mighty Order of the Knights Templar. Continue to Oporto, Portugal's second-largest city. (B)
Day 4 - OPORTO. Guided sightseeing includes a panoramic drive to the mouth of the Douro River, the soaring cathedral, the Church of Sao Francisco, and the STOCK EXCHANGE with its contemporary ARABIAN HALL, inspired by Granada's Alhambra. Of course a PORT WINE TASTING is included to sample this delicious wine produced from grapes of the Douro Valley. Later, you may wish to join an exciting optional excursion. (B)
Day 5 - OPORTO-BRAGA-SALAMANCA, SPAIN. This morning, stop in Braga, named the Portuguese Rome, and see the remains of the Castle of Braga, a historical fortification that used to encircle the entire city. Arrive in Salamanca, and enjoy a WINE TASTING and dinner at a local hacienda. (B,D)
Day 6 - SALAMANCA-MADRID. Before leaving Salamanca, follow your Tour Director for a pleasant walk to beautiful PLAZA MAJOR. Then, a comfortable drive brings you to the capital of Spain. Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to see the Puerta del Sol and Plaza de Espana with its monument to Cervantes. See the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Highlight is a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM, founded in 1819, and considered to have one of the finest collections of European art of the last 8 centuries. See works of Goya, El Greco, Rubens, Titian, and more. To make the most of your stay, exciting optional excursions are available. (B)
Day 7 - MADRID A full day at leisure offers the opportunity to join an optional excursion to the fascinating city of Toledo. This evening, a farewell dinner is prepared at one of Madrid's fine restaurants to celebrate the success of your holiday. (B,D)
Day 8 - MADRID Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans