SOUTHERN SPAIN ESCAPE
From 13/03/2021 to 21/03/2021
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 5.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN MADRID, SPAIN. Welcome to Madrid! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 - MADRID Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Espana with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Highlight is a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM, founded in 1819, and considered to have one of the finest collections of European art of the last 8 centuries, with works of Goya, El Greco, Rubens, Titian and more. (B)
Day 3 - MADRID-TOLEDO-GRANADA. Stop in Toledo, spectacularly situated on a granite hill surrounded by a loop of the Tagus River. Your walking tour with a Local Guide features the Moorish bridge and visits to an early SYNAGOGUE, the 13th-century gothic CATHEDRAL, and the CHURCH OF SANTO TOME, with one of El Greco's most famous paintings. Next, visit a DAMASCENE STEEL WORKSHOP. The olive and orange groves of the rolling Andalusian hills unfold before your eyes on the way to historysteeped Granada, where dinner with local specialties is prepared at one of Granada's fine restaurants. (B,D)
Day 4 - GRANADA-COSTA DEL SOL. See the sights of Granada with a Local Guide and visit its main attraction, the ALHAMBRA COMPLEX. The mighty yet graceful citadel was planned by 13th-century Moorish ruler Al Ahamar. A fantasy of "lace in stone" surrounded by arabesque gardens and fountains, it affords superb views of the Old Quarter and Sacromonte, a mountain occupied by Gypsy cave dwellers. Amble through the magnificent WATER GARDENS OF THE GENERALIFE, the royal summer residence. (B)
Day 5 - AT LEISURE ON THE COSTA DEL SOL. Today is your chance to join an optional excursion to the Rock of Gibraltar, in British hands since 1704. (B)
Day 6 - COSTA DEL SOL-RONDA-SEVILLE. Follow your Tour Director for a walk through the mountaintop city of Ronda, dramatically divided by a deep gorge and linked by the Puente Nuevo. Highlight is a visit to the PLAZA DE TOROS, an 18th-century bullring. Continue on to the vibrant capital of Andalusia, Seville. (B,D)
Day 7 - SEVILLE During your guided sightseeing tour, you will hear about the city's role in Roman times, its conquest by the Moors in 712 AD, and its contribution to the discovery of the New World. Admire Maria Luisa Park, the Golden Tower on the Guadalquivir River, and the university that was the tobacco factory of Carmen fame. Also visit the magnificent CASA DE PILATOS, a mixture of Moorish and Roman architecture with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures. Then, stroll through the narrow lanes of the charming SANTA CRUZ QUARTER. An optional extended guided visit to the cathedral is also available. (B)
Day 8 - SEVILLE-CORDOBA-MADRID. In Cordoba, sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the medieval Jewish Quarter; the MOSQUE OF THE CALIPHS, famous for its 850 pillars of porphyry, marble, and jasper; the Roman Bridge; and the remains of the Alcazar. Continue through the arid landscapes of Don Quixote's La Mancha and return to Madrid, where a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel. (B,D)
Day 9 - MADRID Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B,D)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans