Rock the Centre (ex Yulara)
From 01/10/2020 to 02/01/2022
Feel the power of Uluru during a walk around the base of the sacred monolith or on a shorter stroll to a nearby watering hole, the choice is yours.
Hike the iconic Valley of the Winds and discover the red-tinged rock formations of Kata-Tjuta from many different angles.
Enjoy a guided hike along the rim of Kings Canyon and take in the surprisingly diverse Outback landscape, from deep canyons to the shaded pools of the Garden of Eden.
Get closer to nature with your very own swag, a cross between a bedroll and a tent that allows you to admire the stars as you fall asleep.
A three-day tour with daily departures, you can fit this adventure into a long weekend or book on a whim when domestic flights are on sale.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 2.
Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nts).
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 6 - 24.
Uluru Base Walk.
Uluru sunset drinks.
Uluru Cultural Centre.
Valley of the Winds walk.
Kings Canyon Rim Walk.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Uluru Meet your group and guide at the Ayers Rock Resort. Grab a coffee and check out the Cultural Centre, then walk over to the main attraction – Uluru. Depending on how active you’re feeling, you can choose to do an optional ten-kilometre walk around the base of Uluru. No two angles of the sacred monolith are the same and its sheer size will leave you gobsmacked. If you'd rather do a shorter walk, follow the ‘Mala Walk’ signs for a stroll to the Mutitjulu Waterhole. In the evening, watch a spectacular Uluru sunset while enjoying some tasty snacks. Once the sun has gone down, drive to tonight’s campsite for a hot shower and hearty dinner. Roll out your swag (Aussie bedroll) and get comfortable under the stars.
Day 2 - Uluru Sunrise – Kings Canyon Rise early for an included breakfast and memorable Uluru sunrise. Next head to Kata-Tjuta (The Olgas) for a guided six-kilometre walk through the legendary Valley of the Winds. The walk can be challenging, but you’re rewarded with a spectacular perspective on mind-blowing rock formations. Return to camp for lunch. In the afternoon, drive to a remote bush camp in Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) and freshen up with a hot shower. Tonight’s dinner will be an authentic Outback barbecue.
Day 3 - Kings Canyon – Alice Springs After breakfast, drive to Kings Canyon for a guided six-kilometre hike along the Canyon Rim. This varied landscape of chasms, canyons and cliffs is one of the most spectacular and surprising in the Outback. Enter a natural amphitheatre, discover the Lost City, cool off under the shade of the Garden of Eden’s leafy palm trees and admire panoramic views from the North and South Walls. After lunch, make tracks back to Alice Springs with a few leg-stretches on the way, before pulling into Alice in the early evening.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..