Best of Greece Reverse with One Day 3 Island Cruise
From 24/12/2020 to 01/01/2021
5 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Hand-picked Trip Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Athens (2 Nights) Welcome to Athens. You are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. Relax or spend time exploring the wonders of this ancient city. In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Reception, including a light meal and welcome drink with your travelling companions and your Travel Director.
Day 2 - Athens Sightseeing and Free Time Classical Athens was a centre for the arts, learning and philosophy, and is widely seen as the 'Cradle of Western Civilisation' and the birthplace of democracy. One of the world's oldest cities, discover the rich heritage of Athens during your morning sightseeing tour with your 'Local Specialist'. Explore the Acropolis and view the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena and one of the world's greatest cultural monuments. Marvel at the Agora, the Royal Palace and the Temple of Zeus. Enjoy an included visit to the spectacular Acropolis Museum containing remarkable antiquities. See Hadrian's Arch, built to celebrate the arrival of the Roman Emperor Hadrian, and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. Spend the rest of your day at leisure and discover Athens. In the evening, perhaps choose to dine in the lively Plaka district, the old quarter of the city.
Day 3 - Athens - Meteora - Kalambaka Say goodbye to Athens, and enjoy a scenic drive to Meteora, one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece. En route we have the chance to pay our respects to the heroic King Leonidas and his brave Spartans who stood their ground against the invading Persians. Cross the fertile Thessaly region, the 'bread basket of Greece'. Later dine at your hotel in Kalambaka.
Day 4 - Kalambaka - Thermopylae - Delphi This morning visit two of the six monasteries built on sandstone rocks above the town with your 'Local Specialist'. Travel over the Pourmaraki Pass and the Bralos mountain range to arrive at the foothills of Mt. Parnassos. It was here that every four years athletes competed in the Pythian Games, dedicated to Apollo and the arts.
Day 5 - Delphi - Patras - Olympia This morning, tour the breathtaking Delphi with your 'Local Specialist' and see the site of the most important oracle in the classical world. Walk the Sacred Way to the Temple of Apollo dating from the 5th century. Cross the Gulf of Corinth and head south to the Peloponnese before continuing to Olympia. This evening, we 'Connect With Locals' joining the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm for a 'Be My Guest' dinner, some traditional dancing and characteristic Greek philoxenia.
Day 6 - Olympia - Nafplion Meet your 'Local Specialist' and spend the morning visiting the ancient Olympic site and museum and the Temples of Zeus and Hera - the wife of Zeus and one of the most important deities in Greek mythology. Arrive later in Nafplion where you will dine tonight at your hotel.
Day 7 - Nafplion - Epidarus - Mycenae - Corinth - Athens Visit the amphitheatre and view the Sanctuary of Aesculapius, the God of Medicine in Epidaurus with your 'Local Specialist'. The rod of Aesculapius, a snake-entwined staff, remains the symbol of medicine to this day. In Mycenae - a mighty kingdom of ancient Greece and a military stronghold - see the Beehive Tombs (the Treasury of Atreus), the Lion Gate and the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace with your 'Local Specialist'. Visit the ancient city of Corinth with your 'Local Specialist' before crossing the mighty Corinth Canal en route to Athens. This evening enjoy a wonderful Farewell Dinner with you travelling companions.
Day 8 - Athens - Transfer to Port - 3 Greek Island Cruise - Transfer to Hotel Set sail on shimmering Aegean waters, past Hydra, Poros and Aegina - enjoy a day spent gliding past hidden coves, lush pine-clad slopes and labyrinthine cobbled streets that reveal all the charm you've come to expect from the Greek isles. Enjoy lunch on board before returning to your hotel after a full day on the water.
Day 9 - Depart Athens Farewell Greece. Transfers to the airport are available for all guests who have provided Trafalgar with flight details. Sightseeing Highlights SIGHTSEEING TOUR with a Local Specialist in Athens, Meteora, Delphi, Olympia, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Corinth VISIT the Acropolis, Acropolis Museum in Athens, the incredible rock monasteries in Meteora, the home of the Oracle at Delphi, the Olympic Stadium in Olympia and the ancient ruins in Corinth VIEW the Parthenon, the Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens, the battle site at Thermopylae, the ancient theatre and Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus SEE the Lion Gate, Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae and the Corinth Canal
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..