Cape Town Explorer
From 24/12/2021 to 31/12/2021
CITY TOUR in Cape TownVIEW the Castle of Good Hope, the Cape Point lighthouse and Betty's Bay penguin colonyVISIT Table Mountain, Bo-Kaap, Cape of Good Hope, Hermanus, Robben Island, Franschhoek and Stellenbosch in the Cape WinelandsConnect with Locals in Hermanus, joining a local business owner for a traditional braai (barbecue) and some of his homemade wine against a clifftop backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean.
(Day 4)Make a Difference Visit the Amy Foundation to learn about the valuable work it does to support more than 2,000 children daily.
(Day 6)Local Specialist To tour the Robben Island Museum.
7 breakfasts2 lunches (including Be My Guest)3 dinnersDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsHand-picked hotels, lodges and luxury safari campsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director, Driver Guide or Trafalgar RepresentativeAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - South Africa's 'Mother City' extends a warm sanibonani welcome. After transferring to your hotel, spend time exploring Cape Town's cosmopolitan surrounds on your own before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - This morning, ascend Table Mountain via aerial cableway to its vast flat top - a rocky wonderland of rich Cape fynbos and curious dassies (hyraxes). Peer over the sprawling City Bowl and Atlantic Seaboard keeping a keen eye out for the landmarks your Travel Director will show you during this morning's city tour, including Company Gardens, Bo-Kaap and the Castle of Good Hope. The rest of the day is yours to explore Cape Town at leisure.
Day 3 - Circumnavigate the Cape Peninsula, from trendy Camps Bay to Cape Point and back. You'll discover why the winding road which hugs the rocky 12 Apostles is regarded as one of the world's most magnificent coastal roads. Visit rugged Cape Point which rises out of the swirling Atlantic Ocean. Your journey will take you to the south-western edge of the African continent, through playgrounds of the rich and famous and charming coastal towns along the way.
Day 4 - This morning you'll bid a brief farewell to the city and journey to the coastal town of Hermanus, one of the best places in the world to seasonally view southern right whales. 'Connect With Locals' when you meet local business owner Stefan, who will treat you to a delicious 'Be My Guest' traditional braai (barbecue), featuring such delicacies as boerewors, pap and melktert and a glass of his homemade wine, and share stories of his life in South Africa's whale-watching capital. Our next stop is in the scenic Hemel-en-Aarde (Heaven and Earth) Valley where we'll visit Bouchard Finlayson, an award-winning boutique winery owned by the same family that owns Trafalgar, the Tollman family. You'll savour some of the estate's best wines. Later today, we return to Cape Town via the spectacular Clarens Drive, a breath-taking coastal route along which we'll stop at Betty's Bay to greet the curious colony of African penguins, one of the largest successful breeding colonies in the world.
Day 5 - Indulge in a full free day at leisure in Cape Town. Your Travel Director will arrange return transfers to Camps Bay for you to spend the day at one of Cape Town's most famous beaches, soaking up the sophisticated atmosphere and caf? culture. Or choose to spend the day independently in the city, perhaps beginning your exploration at the V & A Waterfront with a visit to the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa or sampling delicious local flavours at the Food Market. After a leisurely day you may wish to tackle the summit of Lion's Head during an Optional Experience that will see you lace up your boots for a moderate to challenging hike, with spectacular sunset views over the City Bowl and Camps Bay as your well-deserved reward.
Day 6 - Visit one of Trafalgar's MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experiences - the Amy Foundation. Learn how the Foundation has supported vulnerable communities over the past 20 years by providing a range of youth development programmes for over 2,000 children, and see some of these first hand. Later, South Africa's turbulent past is revealed during an afternoon visit to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela spent 18 of his 27-year prison term. Your tour with a Local Specialist will reveal the island's multi-century history, from its origins as a leper colony to its transformation into a military base and finally a prison, ironically with one of the world's most iconic views of Table Mountain.
Day 7 - The beautiful Cape Winelands beckon today, with a visit to the French-inspired town of Franschhoek. An orientation tour will reveal why the area has justifiably earned its title as one of the most beautiful wine valleys in the world. Travel to nearby Stellenbosch where you'll enjoy a wine tasting and picnic style lunch at a picturesque wine estate. The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore Cape Town on your own until a memorable Farewell Dinner, where a lively evening with African drumming and Cape Malay cuisine awaits.
Day 8 - Our time in South Africa has come to an end. Transfer to Cape Town International Airport for your onward flight. Or consider extending your holiday by booking our Victoria Falls Experience trip.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 September 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans