European Pilgrimage Including Oberammergau - 2022
From 16/08/2022 to 30/08/2022
: Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
: Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards.
Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
: Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.
All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
: We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
: Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
: "There is nothing quite like sampling the many varieties of tapas.
Every region has its own delicacies so you can be assured that you will taste different ones everywhere you go.
"Barcelona: Join your Travel Director at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
Dining Summary: 14 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner (D), and 7 Dinner with Wine (DW)Barcelona: Venture inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Família and marvel at the contrasts of architecture.
Above see its giant, tree-like pillars and spectacular vaulting.
Admire the wonderful rainbow of the incredible stained-glass windows.
Montserrat: Ascend Montserrat and enter the ornate “Basilica Real” to view the mystical Black Madonna.
Lourdes: Join the nightly Rosary and candlelight procession in LourdesNevers: Visit the Convent of St Gildard in Nevers and walk in the footsteps of St BernadetteStanserhorn: Journey to the top of Mount Stanserhorn on a panoramic, open-top cable car powered by solar energy, and enjoy spectacular views from the summit.
Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous.
Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event.
An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
Vienna: A private, guided exploration of Schönbrunn Palace will have all your senses tingling.
Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a child prodigy.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 11 - Engelberg In the morning, embark on a scenic journey by funicular railway and open-top cable car to the summit of stunning Mount Stanserhorn, where you will meet a Swiss Ranger and learn about the local wildlife. Take in the pristine mountain air and on a clear day you can see as far as Alsace and the Black Forest. The rest of the day is yours to explore. Perhaps venture into the countryside for a delightful horse-drawn carriage ride and meet the local farmers?
Day Day 14 - Vienna Sightseeing Join a Local Expert for a private tour of Schönbrunn Palace and marvel at its frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers, mirrors, and gilded ornaments, before spending some time in the perfectly manicured gardens. See the city’s highlights including St. Charles’ Church, the Hofburg Palace, Parliament, and State Opera House. Experience an extraordinary concert of Viennese classic music performed by highly acclaimed soloists and dancers, complimented by a delicious meal of Austrian fare and wine for your Celebration Dinner.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans