Andean Crossing(With Inca Trail Trek,Start Lima, End La Paz)
La Paz - Mexico
From 10/04/2021 to 10/03/2022
Take a Lima city tour and admire the historical centre, Barranco & MirafloresIncluded flight to Puerto MaldonadoCanopy hike for amazing jungle viewsCity sightseeing tour of Puerto MaldonadoIncluded flight to CuscoTake a walking tour of CuscoEntry into the Sacred Valley and Pisac ruinsMeet some resident llamas in a local farm in CuscoVisit Pisac town and Pisac MarketEntry into Machu Picchu SanctuaryIncluded Flight to La PazCross Eduardo Avaroa National ReserveLocally guided walking tourSee San Francisco Church and Metropolitan CathedralVisit the Witches’ Market, Plaza Murillo & colourful Jaen Street.
You and your new amigos will be spending your nights in hotels, jungle lodges, and cool hostels right amongst the action.
Refuel on hearty breakfasts, plus a few local lunches and a few cherry picked and munch worthy dinners, on us.
Then, the rest of your Latin American food safari is entirely up to you to DIY as you please.
Enjoy!A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - Lima Welcome to Lima! Steeped in Spanish colonialism yet buzzing with modern metro vibes, this place is sure to ignite your love for Peru. Spend your morning marvelling at lavishly decorated churches and an underground tunnel cemetery overflowing with bones or catacombs, then hit the Barranco district this afternoon to get a feel for its bohemian ambiance. A stroll over the Bridge of Sighs is also a must. And of course no trip to Lima is complete without devouring at least one portion of ceviche – it’s a pretty massive deal in the city. Round off the day watching the sun set over the Pacific, most likely with a pisco sour in hand…
Day Day 5 - Cusco to Sacred Valley Heading out of Cusco and bound for the Sacred Valley on our private coach, this is where our journey into the ruins and mystique of this land truly begins. But first, llamas. An iconic symbol of Peru, we’ll be stopping off at a llama farm to show some love to these furry favourites up close, and we’re talking the whole humpback family – llamas, vicuna and alpacas. #llamaselfie achieved, we’ll then stop off to witness the ancient Incan art of weaving in practise by a group of talented local artisans. Throughout the journey, play close attention to your surrounds – there’s the chance to spot the Incan farming technique of terracing, as well as the ‘salineras’ (salt mines). Want to know what the Peruvians do for fun? You’ll get the chance to play the traditional game of “Sapo”, and exactly what that entails we’ll leave to the imagination… Our explorations of the Sacred Valley will begin with a guided tour of the Pisac and Ollantaytambo ruins. Our Local Guide will give you the d-l on both, visiting the circular terraced Pisac ruins first which date back to the 1400’s. Moving on to Ollantaytambo, base camp for those taking the trek tomorrow, we’ll appease dry mouths with some homemade Chica de Jora brew. This tiny town may be small in geographical terms, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in attitude, with artisan shops and cafes spilling out onto streets, and the roaring Urubamba river providing the perfect natural background noise. For those embarking on the Inca trail tomorrow this is your final chance to stock up on last minute essentials (socks, socks and more socks). For all others, spend your time soaking in the vibes, hanging with other travellers and just getting a feel for this iconic little town.
Day Day 12 - La Paz Today's the day to soak up Bolivia one last time. See the city from above on La Paz's incredible cable car system, or use the your day to get a final taste of Bolivian delicacies - llama anyone? This afternoon, a nap may be calling your name, getting you nice and rested before your final night with your Contiki crew.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 January 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 22 January 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans