Transatlantic: Canary Islands & Spain to Barcelona
Day 1 - Rio de Janeiro Christ the Redeemer, one of the modern Seven Wonders of the World, stands atop the Corcovado peak. Survey the city from a platform below the 125-foot statue or hop on a cable car to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain and get a different perspective of Rio and the Christ. Feel a rush to your senses from the awesome activity on world-famous beaches Ipanema and Copacabana. If the quiet side of Rio is what you seek, a visit to the lush botanical garden - home to some 8,000 species - will delight you.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Salvador De Bahia, Brazil The oldest and most historic city in Brazil is renowned for its deeply rooted Afro-Brazilian culture. With an amazing number of magnificent baroque colonial-style churches, Salvador has been nicknamed the 'Black Rome.' Many of the most interesting museums and churches are located in the Cidade Alta. Surrounding Pelourinho Square, tour bright, multi-coloured houses, cobbled streets and aromatic markets.
Day 4 - At Sea
Day 5 - Fortaleza, Brazil As one of Brazil's largest cities, Fortaleza is humming with a wide range of experiences and landmarks awaiting your exploration. Stroll among the shops, restaurants and historic buildings of the main city square, Praça do Ferreira, or discover one of the largest urban parks in South America with a visit to the lush Cocó Ecological Park. The city's picturesque coastline is an aquatic playground for both visitors and locals. From kite and wind surfing to catamaran tours, you can explore Fortaleza by land and by sea.
Day 6 - At Sea
Day 7 - At Sea
Day 8 - At Sea
Day 9 - Porto Grande Porto Grande Bay, also Mindelo Bay, is a bay on the north coast of the island of São Vicente, Cape Verde. The main city of São Vicente, Mindelo, is situated at the bay. The Porto Grande Bay is a natural harbour.
Day 10 - At Sea
Day 11 - Santa Cruz De Tenerife Located at the eastern tip of the island of Tenerife, the largest of the Canary Islands, Santa Cruz is a natural cruise destination as over half of its perimeter is shoreline. The beaches are lovely at that, from the yellow sands of Las Teresitas to the black sands of the quieter, clothing-optional Las Gaviotas. There's also plenty to do and see inland, especially if you're here during the spectacular Carnival.
Day 12 - Funchal The mountainous isle of Madeira has been a popular European destination for years. The idyllic island is perfect for exploring with its beautiful beaches, stunning lava formed landscapes and lush, green forests. But sampling the famed Madeira wines is also an absolute must. Explore more of Maderia on a European cruise!
Day 13 - At Sea
Day 14 - Granada (Malaga) The strategic position to the Mediterranean Sea has always made Malaga an attractive zone for foreign invasions. From Malaga, a trip to Granada showcases an intriguing blend of Arab and European cultures. Be sure to visit The Alhambra, one of the finest examples of Moorish art in Spain.
Day 15 - Cartagena, Spain Along the Mediterranean coast of Spain lies a seaport that traces its history back to the Roman Empire. Today manicured promenades lined with palm trees lead you to ancient ruins surviving marvelously between modern-day buildings. This is an urban explorer's paradise. But whether you choose to marvel at archaeological discoveries at the museum of the Roman Theatre or stroll the picturesque Paseo Alfonso XII, you will eventually get hungry. At which point, you'll have delicious options in every direction of this historic port.
Day 16 - Barcelona The capital of Catalonia, and one of its provinces, Barcelona, is a place of palpable history, where you can lose yourself strolling down the medieval streets of the Barri Gotic. It's a city designed to delight the senses: visit other-worldly Modernista churches like Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia, or treat yourself at a street side cafe to Patatas Bravas or a Passion Fruit Mojito. Explore more of Barcelona on a European cruise!
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 March 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..