Northern Europe: France, Spain, Portugal & Belgium
Day 1 - London (Southampton), England Protected from the frequent storms of the English Channel by the Isle of Wight, Southampton has survived a turbulent history to serve as a principal port of the United Kingdom today. Pay homage to one of the most famous ships to sail these shores at the Mayflower Memorial. Visit the stoic walls of Bargate and the Tudor House Museum.
Day 2 - Brussels / Brugge (Zeebrugge) The ultimate European city, Brussels has tons of museums, fountains, gardens and great shopping. Stroll the Old Town area to see St. Hubert Arcades and its shops, as well as Butchers' Street with its plethora of restaurants and cafes and the Grand Place with its Baroque guild houses.
Day 3 - Paris (Le Havre) Hop on a tour bus to the City of Light to experience the magic of Paris. Stroll down the Champs-Elysées as you nibble on a croissant. Take photos of beautiful Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower. Notre-Dame, the Louvre, Montmartre and all the other iconic places of Paris lie 120 miles up the Seine from the port of Le Havre. Or explore the charms of Le Havre, spend the day at Monet's Giverny or explore Rouen's Old Market Place, where Joan of Arc was burned in 1431.
Day 4 - At Sea
Day 5 - Bordeaux Located on the Gironde River, Le Verdon is the gateway to Bordeaux, only 2 hours away. Savour the city's visual feast of classic French ornate buildings, broad avenues, picturesque squares and the Cathedral of St. André with stunning stained glass windows. Stroll through old Bordeaux, or head out of the city to one of the area's famous vineyards. The gourmet in you will delight in the foie gras, truffles, chocolate and superb wines. Vive la France!
Day 6 - Bilbao, Spain The largest city of the Basque Country, Bilbao is magnificent mix of historic and spectacular modern architecture. Head to Casco Viejo to meander medieval streets and sample some of the best pinxtos (tapas) around. And don't miss the massive, ultramodern Guggenheim Museum Bilbao across the river, featuring the works of leading artists of the 20th century. Clad in glimmering titanium, this enormous structure is a work of art itself.
Day 7 - La Coruña The Tower of Hercules, a 2,000-year-old, functioning Roman lighthouse will be the first to welcome you to this friendly port city. Spain's second largest seaport has one of the longest promenades in Europe. Visit the ornate Maria Pita Square and join in the fun at the lively taverns in the Old Town area.
Day 8 - Oporto (Leixoes), Portugal Take a drive out to the Duoro Valley and admire it beautiful landscapes and vineyards. Take a stroll through the Historic Centre of Oporto an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Taste a little wine in Oporto famous for it port wines.
Day 9 - At Sea
Day 10 - Guernsey The second largest of the Channel Islands, Guernsey's sea cliffs and windswept grasslands are home to a history as dramatic as its landscape, from being a pirate haven during the Middle Ages to becoming occupied by German troops during WWII. Today, the island's capital St. Peters Port is considered one of Europe's most scenic port cities with its cobblestone streets, lush gardens, museums and boutique shopping. From the port, you can tour 800-year-old Castle Cornet, hike along cliffs offering amazing vistas or visit the museum at Hauteville House - home of famed French writer Victor Hugo.
Day 11 - London (Southampton), England Protected from the frequent storms of the English Channel by the Isle of Wight, Southampton has survived a turbulent history to serve as a principal port of the United Kingdom today. Pay homage to one of the most famous ships to sail these shores at the Mayflower Memorial. Visit the stoic walls of Bargate and the Tudor House Museum.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 October 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..