Australia & New Zealand from Sydney to Auckland
Day 1 - Sydney Sydney's harbour is the hub from which there's much to see and do. You'll want to explore this area, home of the iconic Opera House. Admire the skyline, swim at a harbour beach or cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Want to see surfing? Grab your sunblock and towel and spend the day on world-famous Bondi Beach, or take a scenic walk on the coast from Bondi to Coogee Beach. The Rocks district is a shopper's mecca offering a wide variety of goods, from woodcrafts and unique art to outback fashions.
Day 2 - Eden The town's name reflects what you will indeed find in Eden - a beautiful natural wonderland. Situated on the rugged coastline of Australia's New South Wales, Eden is nestled among national parks, wilderness areas and enticing beaches. It's considered one of Australia's best locations for oyster farming, so bring your appetite. Eden and its surrounding landscapes offer an abundance of outdoor activities on the water and by land.
Day 3 - Burnie, Tasmania, Australia A community of artisans on the northwest coast of Tasmania, Burnie has long a history as a community that makes things, with locally crafted European-style cheeses, fine papers, ceramics and single-malt whisky. Surrounded by accessible wilderness areas, in Burnie you can still get a glimpse of little penguins and the platypus, a duck-billed mammal, in the wild. The vibrant shopping district spills onto the beach where you can sit down at a café and watch the world slow down for a little while.
Day 4 - Melbourne, Australia Once the richest city in the world thanks to a gold rush, Melbourne is Australia's cultural capital with striking architecture, chic galleries and boutiques. Wave at a wallaby or get close to a koala at a wildlife park. Feel closer to the land on a ride on the Puffing Billy steam locomotive through the mountains and countryside. Back in the city, explore a different culture and visit Chinatown - the oldest one in the West.
Day 5 - At Sea
Day 6 - At Sea
Day 7 - Cruise Doubtful Sound
Day 7 - Cruise Dusky Sound
Day 7 - Milford Sound
Day 8 - Dunedin, New Zealand This dramatic South Island coastal town offers a mix of unique natural beauty and fascinating history. Rare, yellow-eyed penguins, fur seals and the Royal Albatross all call Dunedin home. Equally impressive is the Victorian and Edwardian architecture that dates from its days as a gold rush town. New Zealand's only castle sits high above the city and offers sweeping views from its famous gardens. Shop for a locally made souvenir, with crafts, artwork, wool and leather items being popular.
Day 9 - Lyttelton Just 20 minutes from the centre of Christchurch city, Lyttelton is a charming port town with a long history. Back in 1850, the first European settlers landed in Christchurch before heading over the Port Hills to establish their new home. Today, Lyttelton is accessed by an impressive road tunnel. It's a vibrant town, home to a small community of 3,000 residents, filled with bohemian artists, cafés, restaurants and unique shops to discover.
Day 10 - Wellington, New Zealand Travel to a Victorian past as you stroll by the city's Victorian Gothic buildings. Take the cable car up the mountain for a fantastic view, or grab some sunscreen and head to the beach. Great views abound in Wellington: Journey around the spectacular harbour and enjoy its amazing views. See some of the sites where the Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed. Shopping opportunities are plentiful, with arts and crafts, jewellery, fine woolens and leather goods on offer.
Day 11 - Napier, New Zealand Napier calls itself the Art Deco capital of the world, but it's also a leading wine-travel destination. Leveled by an earthquake in 1931, Napier was rebuilt in Art Deco style. Along with Miami Beach, Napier is one of the best examples of this style, with many of its structures well preserved. Take a walk down Marine Parade, a tree-lined ocean boulevard with fountains and gardens, or go out to the country to enjoy the lovely vistas, tour superb area vineyards and relax with a glass of wine.
Day 12 - Tauranga, New Zealand Go walk-about and explore Tauranga, set on the beautiful Bay of Plenty. And indeed there are plenty of things to do. Head to the beach or discover Tauranga's lovely parks and rich history. Visit a village buried by a volcanic eruption and captured in a moment of time - a fascinating yet moving experience. Take a selfie at Hell's Gate, an aptly named geothermal park with boiling pools, fantastic geysers and mud baths, the largest of which is Poutamu, "the stairway to heaven."
Day 13 - Auckland, New Zealand Surrounded by tranquil golden beaches, lush forests and dramatic coastal trails, Auckland is a nature lover's paradise. The 48 volcanic cones that dot the surrounding area provide stunning panoramic views of the city and harbour. New Zealand's largest city is also a shopper's paradise offering everything from top designers to local open-air markets. Learn about the indigenous Maori and take home some native art pieces or jewellery. The fine, locally produced woolens also make excellent gifts.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 December 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..