Spectacular Canadian Rockies with Rocky Mountaineer Silverleaf and Alaska Cruise Ocean-view Stateroom
From 11/08/2021 to 24/09/2021
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Vancouver - Inside Passage Cruise (7 Nights) Transfer to Canada Place to board Holland America Line's MS Zuiderdam.
Day 2 - Cruise the Inside Passage With most of Southeast Alaska accessible only by boat or plane, cruise the Inside Passage for a unique view.
Day 3 - Cruise Tracy Arm and Juneau The dramatic Sawyer Glaciers at the end of Tracy Arm are framed by mountains and bathed in the blue hue of the ice. Arrive in Juneau, where you can shop downtown, kayak, dogsled, raft or flightsee.
Day 4 - Cruise to Skagway, Alaska Step into the town's colourful past at the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park.
Day 5 - Cruise Glacier Bay, Alaska From the comfort of your ship, enjoy pristine wilderness of Glacier Bay National Park.
Day 6 - Ketchikan, Alaska Go ashore in Ketchikan for an optional guided tour through town or a harbour cruise.
Day 7 - Cruise the Inside Passage Today is a day of relaxation as you cruise back to Vancouver.
Day 8 - Arrive Vancouver Disembark in Vancouver Harbour, transfer to the hotel and join your Spectacular Canadian Rockies trip on Day 1 for a Welcome Reception at 6 p.m.
Day 9 - Vancouver - Strait of Georgia - Victoria (2 Nights) Embark on a morning sightseeing tour of Vancouver's historic neighbourhoods. Savour the smells of freshly steamed Siopao in Chinatown and admire the Victorian fa?ades of Gastown as you make your way to the leafy sanctuary of Stanley Park to view First Nations totem poles. We continue by ferry to Vancouver island and Connect with Locals during a Be My Guest lunch visit to a family-owned working farm, where we'll enjoy fresh farm-to-table flavours. Later, we enjoy some sightseeing in Victoria.
Day 10 - Victoria Sightseeing Embrace the Garden City status of Victoria as you greet the day with breakfast at Butchart Gardens, a 55-acre showcase of gorgeous floral gardens that have colourfully transformed a once unused quarry. Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the walkable capital of British Columbia.
Day 11 - Victoria - Kamloops In Kamloops, the soul-stirring sounds of the Shuswap melodies welcome us, as we gain insights into First Nations' traditions and culture. Be entertained by a storytelling member of the First Nations followed by a delicious dinner.
Day 12 - Kamloops - Mount Robson - Jasper National Park (2 Nights) This afternoon you'll stop at the Mount Robson Visitor Center where you can admire UNESCO-listed Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies in all its 12,972 feet (3,954 meters) of glory. Continue to the raw wilderness of Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where we'll spend the next two nights.
Day 13 - Jasper National Park Sightseeing Join an interpretive walk at Maligne Canyon this morning. Later, take to the aqua waters and cruise Maligne Lake to Spirit Island (seasonal), admiring views of its three glaciers and Spirit Island. After the cruise enjoy a delicious lunch with wine at the lakeside Maligne Lake Chalet.
Day 14 - Jasper - Athabasca Glacier - Lake Louise - Banff National Park (2 Nights) The icy fingers of the Columbia Icefield beckon as we journey along the Icefields Parkway to Athabasca Glacier. Cross its icy terrain on board a specially designed Ice Explorer and Continue on to Lake Louise, where there is time to soak in the majestic beauty of the lake and its turquoise, glacier-fed waters, fringed by high peaks, deep green forests and overlooked by Victoria Glacier. Continue on to the township of Banff, in the heart of UNESCO-listed Banff National Park. Settle in for an evening at leisure.
Day 15 - Banff Sightseeing Join a Local Specialist and learn about his experiences as a retired Mountie and the history of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Spend the afternoon exploring the rugged beauty of Banff, from its postcard viewpoint of Surprise Corner to Bow Falls. The rest of the day is free for you to pursue your own interests. Your Travel Director will be available to help plan the perfect day for you. Tonight, we join our newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner to toast the end of our unforgettable encounter with Canada's Rockies.
Day 16 - Banff - Kamloops Your train journey starts as you travel through the Rockies on your way to Vancouver, stopping overnight in Kamloops.
Day 17 - Depart Vancouver Continue your journey by rail through British Colombia to Vancouver. Upon arrival into Vancouver, your included transfer will take you to the Vancouver Airport or your post night hotel. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR of Vancouver, Victoria, Banff SCENIC DRIVE along the Icefields Parkway and continue along Scenic Maligne Lake Drive, past disappearing Medicine Lake. VIEW Lake Louise, Stanley Park, Athabasca Glacier, Mount Robson, Jasper National Park, Banff National Park VISIT Butchart Gardens VISIT Maligne Canyon during a guided walk & enjoy a Maligne Lake cruise to Spirit Island. CONNECT WITH LOCALS Enjoy a delicious lunch at a family-owned farm on Vancouver Island. (Day 2) LOCAL SPECIALIST Meet a First Nations member in Kamloops and a retired Mountie in Banff. (Days 4, 8)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans