Hawaiian Explorer First Class
From 09/05/2021 to 12/12/2021
ORIENTATION of Honolulu, Kailua-KonaSEE magnificent Manta Rays in Keauhou Bay and dine oceanside.
VISIT Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona Memorial, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Volcano, Maui Ocean Center, a local farm on MauiCONNECT WITH LOCALS Relish an educational farm-to-fork experience and help gather fresh produce for your al fresco lunch.
(Day 6)LOCAL SPECIALIST Discover Kona coffee on a plantation tour and see a special presentation on the island's manta rays.
(Day 3)MAKE A DIFFERENCE Help support the farm-to-table movement and learn more about bio-dynamic farming in Hawaii.
7 breakfasts2 lunches3 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Aloha Welcome with a flower lei on arrival at Honolulu International Airport on Day 1A Trafalgar Bonus - All inter-island flights: Honolulu-Hilo and Hilo-Kahului including all airport transfersYour choice of three hotel categories: Moderate, First Class and Premier accommodation including two-bedded rooms with private facilities, all hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxesCherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Ease into the warm embrace of Hawaii's Aloha spirit, donning a flower lei on arrival to kick-start your love affair with the Pacific islands. Explore the golden beaches of Waikiki before gathering for a Hawaiian-style Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening.
Day 2 - Today we visit Pearl Harbor National Monument and the USS Arizona Memorial as well as the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Also today in downtown Honolulu, see the Iolani Palace, King Kamehameha I Statue and State Capitol Building before spending the rest of the afternoon at leisure.
Day 3 - We fly to the Big Island of Hawaii, embarking on an orientation tour of the lively seaside village of Kailua-Kona, once the tropical playground of Hawaiian royalty. Join a Local Specialist at a coffee plantation for an insider perspective into Kona's coffee culture. Return to the coast and check in to your ocean-side resort where you'll meet another Local Specialist who will accompany us to the Manta Ray Learning Center. Gain insights into these graceful marine creatures before enjoying rich island flavours at the hotel's Rays on the Bay.
Day 4 - Wake to the sound of the sea and embrace your outdoor adventurer for an invigorating day at leisure to explore the natural wonderland of The Big Island on your own.
Day 5 - The fiery, fierce crust of Hawaii's volcanic landscape beckons this morning, but not before a brief stop at the southernmost bakery in the United States for a malasada or two perhaps. We'll then stop at Punalu'u Beach Park, famous for its black sand and Hawaiian green seat turtles which swim off the coast on the black sand to sun. Next we'll visit the UNESCO-listed Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, visit Thurston Lava Tube and learn about the geology of the islands. Indulge in local Pacific flavours during lunch at a historic plantation. We board our flight to Maui this evening and check in to our beachfront resort at Kaanapali Beach.
Day 6 - Our first full day in the Valley Isle sees us meet the conservation naturalists of the Maui Ocean Center, home to the world's largest collection of live Pacific corals, Hawaiian green sea turtles, sharks and thousands of vibrant tropical fish. Delve into the island's sustainable agricultural practices and 'Make a Difference' next. Visit a local, sustainable farm and 'Connect with Locals' enjoying a 'Be My Guest' lunch with wine, including Hawaiian specialities made with the freshest local ingredients. As the sun sets over the Pacific, take a gentle stroll to nearby Whalers Village or venture into old town Lahaina to dine at one of the many restaurants.
Day 7 - Indulge in a full day on your terms to do as little or as much as you want in paradise. Rise before dawn and journey up the summit of Haleakal? or live your passions, exploring art, culture and heritage in picturesque surrounds. Give yourself permission to connect with your surroundings without worrying about a thing. This evening, celebrate a soul-stirring encounter with Hawaii, joining your travel companions for a lively Luau and Farewell Dinner featuring tropical cocktails and the sounds of old Hawaii.
Day 8 - For now it's time to say a fond a hui hou... until we meet again. Take your transfer to Kahului Airport or consider extending your stay in Maui.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans