Secrets of the Rockies and Glacier National Park with Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf
From 06/08/2021 to 11/10/2021
10 Breakfasts .
3 Lunches .
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Calgary Don your Stetson and buckle up those cowboy boots. You've arrived in Stampede country. Get settled into the ways of the Wild West before meeting your Travel Director and fellow explorers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Calgary - Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo-Jump - Waterton Lakes National Park This morning, travel to the UNESCO-listed Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo Jump, where a Local Specialist explains how buffalo were driven off a cliff by buffalo runners centuries ago. Travel on to meet the majestic Rockies at the tranquil Waterton Lakes National Park. Beneath ice-capped peaks, indulge in a memorable dinner.
Day 3 - Waterton Lakes National Park - Glacier National Park The Big Skies of Montana beckon this morning as you cross the international border and travel along the shore of Lower St. Mary Lake and enter Glacier National Park, touted as the Crown of the Continent. Then, continue along St. Mary Lake in a restored 1930s vintage touring red "jammer". You will head up into the cirques of the St. Mary Valley along the Going-to-the-Sun Road, and stop at the Continental Divide continuing over Logan Pass. Traverse one of the few remaining rainforests in Montana as you drive alongside the glacially carved valley. Finally, you will arrive at the Lake McDonald Lodge, situated on the shore of Lake McDonald.
Day 4 - Glacier National Park - Banff (2 Nights) Today, you will exit Glacier National Park through West Glacier and head north, back into Canada. Tavel along the Windermere-Banff Highway, one of the most scenic drives in British Columbia. Then, enter Kootenay National Park and drive through Sinclair Canyon. Make the climb up to Vermilion Pass at the Continental Divide, reaching an elevation of 1,680 m (5,510 ft) and enter Alberta and Banff National Park. Descending into the Bow River Valley, you will arrive in Banff where you check in at the iconic Fairmont Banff Springs, the 'Castle in the Rockies'.
Day 5 - Banff Sightseeing After a free morning, spend the afternoon exploring the rugged beauty of Banff, from its postcard viewpoint of Surprise Corner to Bow Falls.
Day 6 - Banff - Lake Louise An early rise today as we head for Moraine Lake. Take a walk on the Lakeshore Trail, or the Rockpile Trail for the best views of the Canadian Rockies with stunning Moraine Lake nestled in the Valley of the Ten Peaks. This afternoon we arrive at Lake Louise where your have 'Your Choice' of activities: a stroll into the picture perfect image of Lake Louise, keeping an eye out for rock climbers, ground squirrels, marmots or even a mountain goat. Or perhaps the picture-perfect setting of Lake Louise will awaken the artist within you as you try your hand at plein air painting.
Day 7 - Lake Louise - Athabasca Glacier - Jasper (2 Nights) Blaze a trail through the heart of the Canadian Rockies-a journey through stunning wilderness, passing sparkling mountain lakes, tumbling glaciers and sweeping valleys en route to the Athabasca Glacier. Board a specially designed Ice Explorer, crunching over the white wonderland of the glacier's surface. Later, head to your home in the heart of Jasper National Park.
Day 8 - Jasper Sightseeing Embark on a leisurely walk admiring the sheer limestone cliffs of Maligne Canyon and learning about the underground river system that flows out to Medicine Lake. Surrounded by a ring of mountains, we will indulge in delicious regional lunch with wine at the Lake Maligne Chalet with views of the lake, followed by a cruise of Maligne Lake to Spirit Island (seasonal).
Day 9 - Jasper - Icefields Parkway - Kananaskis Journey through the national parks of Jasper and Banff to arrive in the small resort town of Kananaskis. Enjoy a short walk around the village rim trail, followed by a dinner hosted by a backcountry guide that will share wild stories about life in the Rockies. Enjoy a short walk around the village rim trail, followed by a dinner hosted by a backcountry guide that will share wild stories about life in the Rockies.
Day 10 - Kananskis - Banff - Kamloops Your are transferred back to Banff, where your train journey starts as you travel through the Rockies on your way to Vancouver, stopping overnight in Kamloops.
Day 11 - Depart Vancouver Continue your journey by rail through British Colombia to Vancouver. Upon arrival into Vancouver, your included transfer will take you to the Vancouver Airport or your post night hotel. Airport arrival will be between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., depending on rail traffic, please be aware when booking your flights. Sightseeing Highlights CRUISE upon Maligne Lake SCENIC DRIVE along the Icefields Parkway, Red Jammers excursion along the Going-to-the-Sun Road, Banff-Windermere Highway, Sinclair Canyon VISIT Waterton Lakes, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, Athabasca Glacier CONNECT WITH LOCALS Learn about the family's passion for cattle ranching and how they use traditional and sustainable ranching methods that are in harmony with the environment and how they take great pride in the health and well-being of their cattle and horses, to whom they provide attentive care and gentle handling. This approach is not only more wholesome and satisfying to the family, but it also satisfies their environmentally- and locality- conscious customers, who place value on knowing where their food comes from. (Day 9) LOCAL SPECIALIST Learn about buffalo hunting. (Day 2) STAYS WITH STORIES Stay at The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, located in the heart of Banff National Park. (Day 4)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans