Coastal California and Big Sur
From 04/09/2021 to 19/12/2021
2 lunches (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive San Francisco (2 Nights) The City by the Bay greets you today. You'll have the day to ease into its laidback, friendly vibe before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception this evening.
Day 2 - San Francisco See the highlights of one of America's favorite cities including: Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Union Square and The Presidio. A free afternoon to explore everything that San Francisco has to offer. Perhaps opt to take a walk across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge followed by a visit to trendy Sausalito or maybe hop on a bay cruise circling around famous Alcatraz Island. The evening is free to take in the city's diverse dining scene. Or maybe join the optional Chinatown Walking Tour, dinner at a Chinatown restaurant, cable car ride, and evening Illuminations tour.
Day 3 - San Francisco - Monterey (2 Nights) Travel Pacific Coast Highway past the resort town of Half Moon Bay before arriving at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park featuring a 40-acre grove of towering old-growth redwood trees. This afternoon a lunch treat that is pure California. In-n-Out Burger was founded back in 1947 and was California's first drive-thru hamburger stand. Enjoy their iconic double-double burger with fries and a milk shake. Get educated about organic produce during a private farm tour in Salinas Valley which is considered "the Salad Bowl of the World".
Day 4 - Monterey Sightseeing This morning we enjoy perhaps the world's most scenic 17-mile drive through Pacific Grove on the Monterey Peninsula. Hug the Pacific Coastline with views of famous Spyglass Hill and Cypress Point golf courses, and we will make a stop at Pebble Beach Golf Links. Get your cameras ready for a shot of the Lone Cypress, the iconic symbol of 17-mile drive. Visit Mission Carmel which is the 2nd of California's 21 Spanish Missions which dates back to 1797. Enjoy some time in quaint Carmel-By-The-Sea, a town of 4,000 with a rich arts history. Clint Eastwood served as the town's Mayor after being elected in 1986. The afternoon is free to explore popular Cannery Row. Perhaps wander over to the Monterey Bay Aquarium or opt to take a whale watching excursion on Monterey Bay. Covering an entire 3 1/2 city blocks, thousands of people flock to the weekly market featuring produce from all over Central California, arts and crafts, dozens of international food vendors, and a lineup of live music.
Day 5 - Monterey - Paso Robles (2 Nights) Today features America's most unforgettable drive, 90 miles of Pacific Coast Highway 1 between Carmel and San Simeon. Travel through Big Sur passing over the famous Bixby Bridge and admire the towering mountains on one side of PCH and the crashing Pacific Ocean on the other. This afternoon join a local expert for a walking tour of Hearst Castle, the grandiose vision of publishing tycoon William Randolph Hearst. The massive home features 121 total rooms scattered over 90,000 square feet and is designated as National Historic Landmark. Later today arrive into Paso Robles where laid-back cowboy-country meets one of the country's best wine regions. This evening head towards the town's historic square for a regional dinner with wine.
Day 6 - Paso Robles Sightseeing This morning link up with a Paso Robles resident and Local Expert for a walking tour of the historic downtown corridor. Learn about the city's connection to their thermal hot springs, the almond industry that once dominated the city, and why its quaint city square was chosen as the backdrop for a Christmas Hallmark movie. Join the mother-daughter duo of Karen and Jennifer Talent at the Groves on 41 Olive Oil Ranch where they host a Be My Guest feast featuring their award-winning olive oil in the different lunch dishes, even the ice cream! This afternoon visit Eberle Winery, where the founder Gary Eberle is considered one of the legends of the Paso Robles wine region. In addition to a tasting of their red and white wines, you'll have the chance to tour the winery's underground caves. "After the sun sets visit Sensorio Light Field featuring 58,000 optic lights on a 15-acre field. Publications all over the USA are already declaring the experience as a Bucket List item that has to be seen to believe. *** While Sensorio has been officially confirmed through the end of 2020, the 2021 season is subject to Sensorio renewing their lease with the venue. "
Day 7 - Paso Robles - Los Angeles (2 Nights) Arrive into the affluent beachside town of Santa Barbara, often referred to as the "American Riviera". There will be plenty of time to wander trendy State Street. Considered the heart of Santa Barbara, the area is known for its great shopping, top-notch restaurants and incredible architecture. This afternoon arrive into world-famous Beverly Hills - the playground of the rich and famous, home to some of the world's priciest real estate, and the epitome of American luxury.
Day 8 - Los Angeles This morning join a Local Expert for a walking tour of one of the most famous streets on the planet, Rodeo Drive. Learn the real stories behind some of the most expensive stores in the world. Visit Hollywood, the epicenter of America's movie industry. See the Walk of Fame, the handprints at Grauman's Theatre, and the iconic Hollywood Sign. Finish off your day in Los Angeles with a Your Choice Sightseeing of museums.YOUR CHOICE OF: SIGHTSEEING Enjoy your choice of sightseeing. Visit the car collections at the Peterson Automotive or explore the movie industry at the Academy of Motion Pictures. This evening join your fellow travelers for a festive Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 9 - Venice Beach - Depart Los Angeles Catch up with a Local Expert for a walking tour of Venice Beach including the boardwalk, Muscle Beach, and the city's unique canal system. Enjoy lunch on your own in popular Santa Monica before transferring to Los Angeles International Airport (arrival at 2:00pm) Sightseeing Highlights SEE Half Moon Bay, Big Sur, Santa Ynez Valley VISIT San Francisco, Henry Cowell Redwoods, Monterey, Pebble Beach, Carmel Mission, Big Sur, Hearst Castle, Paso Robles, Sensorio Light Field, Santa Barbara, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Venice Beach, and Santa Monica CONNECT WITH LOCALS Join the owners of the Groves on 41 Olive Oil Ranch for a Be My Guest Lunch paired with local Paso Robles wines. (Day 6) DIVE INTO CULTURE Dine like a true California local with lunch at In-n-Out Burger. Enjoy wine tasting in Paso Robles including a tasting and tour of the underground wine caves. LOCAL SPECIALIST For Salinas Farm, Hearst Castle, Paso Robles, Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans