Grand Alaska(Twin Share Room,Start Anchorage, End Anchorage)
From 15/07/2021 to 16/08/2021
Entry into Denali National ParkExplore Denali National ParkExplore Denali National ParkEntry into St Elias National ParkGuided hiking in St Elias National ParkExplore St Elias National ParkExplore Valdez.
You can expect to refuel with hearty breakfasts and delicious dinners from us but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best local cuisine.
You'll taste it all - from simple street eats to gourmet fare.
Professional, insightful and fun, our Trip Managers, Drivers and Local Guides in the USA & Canada are highly trained and ready to show you this incredible part of the world.
Armed with their little black books of must sees, dos and eats, they'll introduce you to the best experiences this land has to offer and show you the time of your life.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - We'll begin in the largest city of Alaska, where you'll be treated to spectacular views of the mountain ranges on arrival. This rugged city is a gateway to the nearby wilderness and National Parks, and the people who live here share their wild landscape with families of wolves, moose and bears - it's safe to say this isn't a city like you've experienced before! We'll spend this evening settling in and trading tales with our Contiki crew.
Day 2 - This morning we'll head to the heart of adventure: Denali National Park.Arriving at our campsite, we'll have plenty of opportunity today to hike this awe-inspiring landscape - six million acres of wild land - hoping to spot bears, moose, caribou or wolves (while maintaining a safe distance!) The beautiful taiga forests give way to an incredible tundra with snow capped mountains and America's tallest peak, Denali Mountain.
Day 3 - Today we'll strap on our boots and explore more of Denali's spectacular hiking trails, feeling the tranquility of the wilderness and unhinging our jaws at the vistas we encounter. We'll also have the opportunity for a seriously scenic flight around Mt Denali, known as 'the roof of America'. In the evening we'll sit around the campfire under the twinkling skies and swap stories of our adventures.
Day 4 - Another day, another adventure in this wild and beautiful land. We'll walk low valleys and high mountain passes, check out Savage River and admire all of those towering granite spires. As the sun sets, anyone for s'mores?
Day 5 - Next up it's time to drive the Denali dirt road, admiring alpine vistas and staggering mountain passes.We're heading to the Maclaren River Lodge, where we'll meet our hospitable hosts Alan and Susie. They know the local area better than anyone, and will take us on a boat ride up the glittering waters to the Wilderness Glacier Camp. Save your Insta snaps for upload later, 'cos there's no phone reception here - just camping, exploring and hiking in the wilderness.
Day 6 - Today we'll take a canoe down the winding Maclaren river......before arriving at the beautiful lodge and relaxing to the sounds of the rushing water. Tonight we'll stay in the cosy lodge, nestled in nature.
Day 7 - Today we're heading to the largest National Park in the United States.For the next few days we'll be staying at the 'End of the road' campground. We'll travel 60 miles of gravel road stretching along the old Copper River and Northwestern railways. Once populated with copper mines, this was also the site of the great Alaskan gold rush.
Day 8 - We'll wake up today surrounded by the sprawling vistas of Wrangell - St Elias National Park, rising 18,000 feet from the ocean. This place is bigger than than Yellowstone, Yosemite and Switzerland combined! From lush forest to sparse tundra, with moose, caribou, hares and millions of birds. Today we'll soak up all that beauty, with options to pick up a pair of axes and go ice climbing, or taking a walk over a gobsmacking glacier.
Day 9 - There are more adventure opportunities today in this sweeping National Park. Whether you opt for a guided tour of the old copper mines, go rafting down the snaking river or take a scenic flight over the snow-capped peaks, there's so much beauty to soak up today.
Day 10 - Today we'll bid farewell to St Elias and head towards ValdezValdez is a terminus of the 800-mile Trans-Alaska pipeline. After the disastrous Exxon oil spill of 1989, flora and fauna has miraculously recovered to set a gorgeous landscape for us to explore. Today is packed with even more optional adventure activities - we recommend the Columbia Glacier Sea Kayaking for spectacular scenery and unique options to spot the local wildlife.
Day 11 - Home to so much wildlife, wildflowers and miles and miles of dreamy trails, Valdez will steal our hearts for the second day running. Check out some waterfalls or walk through the largest National Forest in the USA. On our final night we'll again group around the campfire, for one last evening of swapping stories and stargazing.
Day 12 - Today we'll finish our epic Alaskan adventure, but not before admiring the views of the Worthington glacier as we traverse Thompson pass.One last stop will allow us to see our farewells, but we'll be back soon enough.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 June 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 24 June 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans