Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - London, England to Paris, France (or join in Paris)
Meet the crew in London, stock up on snacks and whip out the AUX cord. Best to work out who the T-Swift fans are early. First stop: the City of Love. Rather meet us there? No dramas! Tick off all the showstoppers with a driving tour – we’re talking: the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysées, Place de la Concorde and THAT pointy tower. Tonight, get to know the who’s who of the group at dinner. Cheers to some awesome AF adventures with this mixed bunch!
Day 2 - Paris
There’s more here than over-priced handbags and unoriginal poses under the Eiffel Tower. And to prove it, we’ve given you a full 24hrs to discover the REAL Paris. Our suggestion? Spend your free day ticking off those bucket list items (and keeping those calves warm) on an optional bike tour. Then: explore the backstreets. Hunt down the best patisseries in town. Get lost amongst the shelves of history at Shakespeare and Co. Books. Or uncover the city’s secret underworld at Catacombes de Paris. Want an alternate angle? Grab a takeaway chocolat chaud and settle in for an optional river cruise down the Seine. Or head up Montparnasse Tower for allll the views. Tonight, there’s an optional cabaret show on the cards – just to really round things off. You’re in the home of the Cancan after all.
Day 3 - Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Disclaimer: today is a bit of a drive. But you already knew from your research, right? Strap in. Get to know your trip mates better. And bust out some bangers as the most jaw-dropping, snow-capped scenery wizzes past the window. They don’t have views like this back home. Proud owner of the ‘Top of Europe’, rushing waterfalls and one of the largest nature conservations in Switzerland – tonight we're bunking down in the fairytale Jungfrau region. After dinner, wrap up and sit back in the crisp (note: freezing) Alpine air with a steaming cup of glühwein. Yep, this is what you came for.
Day 4 - Swiss Alps
This place is Disneyland for outdoor enthusiasts. And you’ve got a full free day to experience every second to the fullest. Snow-hiking. Skiing. Snowboarding. Skydiving. Helicopter-ing. It’s all here. But if you identify as a thrill-dodger, there’s plenty to get excited about too. Jump aboard the Jungfraubahn railway and get all the white-washed summit views (minus the effort). Or engage explorer mode and go chasing waterfalls. Fact: TLC were wrong. And when the sun goes down – there’s an optional night sledding experience to get onboard with. Haven’t had cheese fondue yet? This is your chance.
Day 5 - Swiss Alps to Venice, Italy
Take one more longing glance at the Alps – but don’t look back in anger cos’ we’re rolling into Italy later today. Welcome to Venice, Topdeckers! You know it as The Floating City, but this place is actually sinking (slowly). So, we won’t waste a second. Check out the usual suspects on a walking tour with our Trip Leader – ticking off the likes of St Mark's Square, Doge’s Palace and Accademia Bridge. Then: the rest is up to you. What delicious carb-laden Italian meal have you been dreaming about? Order two.
Day 6 - Venice
You wanted the freedom to do your own spontaneous-this-is-what-I-came-here-for thing. So here’s a free day we prepared earlier. Need some suggestions? Float past the famous Rialto Bridge on an optional gondola ride. Spend your time seeking out the epic Libreria Acqua Alta bookshop. Or forget all the above and spend the day hunting down the perfect gelato (who said you can't enjoy it in winter too?). Get lost. Find yourself. Then, grab a macchiato overlooking the canal and watch the gondoliers guide their vessels through the fog. This place is magic. Later, score a cheap meal at Osteria Al Portego or fill up on alllll the drool-worthy Italian pastries (no judgement here).
Day 7 - Venice to Munich, Germany
Order one last espresso in poor Italian (hey, you tried!). Next up? A country where beer is officially considered an essential food group (right next to sausage and sauerkraut). Kick things off with a walking tour then it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for: an appropriate occasion to wear lederhosen. Head to the 428-year-old Hofbräuhaus for a royal Happy Hour experience or find a toasty local pub for a stein-sesh with your trip mates. Prost!
Day 8 - Munich to Heidelberg
Today, we’re making tracks to fairytale Heidelberg. This place is all about hilltop ruins, cobblestoned old quarters and Nobel Prize winners (casually). Get your bearings on a stroll with your Trip Leader, then the rest of the afternoon is up to you. Take the cable car up to the Palace for some unbeliEVABLE views. Or find a local haunt to chow down on a head-sized pork knuckle – this is Germany after all.
Day 9 - Heidelberg to Amsterdam, Netherlands
Quick maths – we’ve only got two days left. But the adventure sure as hell isn’t over yet! Plug ‘The Dam’ into the GPS – we’re making tracks to the Venice of the North. Once we arrive, it’s time to don your beanie and hit the cobblestones to scope out the city. Check out the likes of the Dam Square, the Royal Palace and the National Monument. This place is a foodie’s dream – so you’ll have no trouble finding somewhere to settle in for dinner. Tonight, there’s an option to experience a show in the Red Light district. Or for a more local vibe – head to Proeflokaal Arendsnest for a selection of over 100 Dutch beers and cosy atmosphere.
Day 10 - Amsterdam
This is our last full day. FFS don’t hang about – join the locals and get on your bike! Check out Amsterdam's iconic canals, bridges and parks on an optional bike tour. History buffs should pay a visit to the Anne Frank House (don’t forget to book in advance!). And for the culture fiends – the Van Gogh Musuem and Rijksmuseum. Fight off that winter chill with a cone of hot chips and mayo (practical and delicious). Get lost amongst backstreets of the different districts – each one’s got a unique vibe and plenty to explore. Or strap on your skates and hit the ice rinks. Just make sure you’re back in time to toast the final night of our express-adventure at tonight’s included dinner.
Day 11 - Amsterdam to London, England
After all the Amster-damage has been done, it’s time to head back across the Channel to London Town. Blast the Trip Song one last time. And get planning – that reunion trip won’t book itself! Where to next?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..