New Zealand Tours: Scenic Roads of the South Island 7 Day Tour
Selected travel dates between 03 Oct 20-06 Mar 21.
Accommodation: 6 nights Premium twin share hotel accommodation.
Trip Leader: Expert Travel Director.
Transport: Luxury air-conditioned coach with staggered/alternate seating for a maximum of 22 guests and train.
Meals: 6 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch & 4 Dinners with wine.
Included Activities & Attractions: sightseeing tour of the Garden City with your Local Expert and see how far Christchurch has come in rebuilding since the tragic earthquakes of 2010 and 2011; Coastal Pacific Express train to Kaikoura; join a whale watching adventure in waters abundant with marine mammal life and you might spot giant sperm whales, dusky dolphins or even orcas; a dining experience at the Hans Herzog Estate as you make your way through three courses paired with handcrafted, organic wines; boat ride on the glorious Queen Charlotte Sound to the Arapawa Island, meet the Radon family who will introduce you to the paua pearl farming process; Explore Nelson Tasman with Insight Choice - Spend the day outdoors in the paradise of Abel Tasman National Park by going on a hike along secluded golden beaches and forested paths OR take a day tour discovering the wines and art of the region as you sip on Pinot Noir and meet the talented folk flocking to the area; travel through the Lewis Pass to Hanmer Springs; visit Waipara Wine Region and toast your travels at a winery Celebration Lunch before returning to Christchurch.
Itinerary / more information
Please Note: Airfares are additional.
Your Scenic Roads of the South Island tour with Insight Vacations departs from Christchurch.
Discover the beauty of New Zealand's South Island, known for its magnificent mountains, pristine lakes and world-renowned wines. From Christchurch, you'll venture north along the remote rugged shorelines to the beautiful and pristine Marlborough Sounds and Tasman region, where you'll be treated to world-class wine and an abundance of artisan cuisine. Travelling with Insight Vacations through the South Island will take you from city to coast to sounds and mountains, all while being privy to exclusive experiences and expert local knowledge that most travellers miss.
Highlights: Christchurch (1 night), Kaikoura, Blenheim (2 nights), Nelson (2 nights), Hanmer Springs (1 night), Christchurch.
Book your Insight Vacations tour deal today and experience New Zealand for yourself!
- Tour on sale until 1 September 2020, unless sold out prior.
- You must book in store and have paid a deposit, or in full where deal requires payment in full, prior to close of business on sales end date.
- Prices are per person, and are based on twinshare occupancy unless otherwise specified.
- Prices are correct at time of publication to the web, but are subject to change without notice, and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- All pricing is subject to availability.
- Prices do not include local gratuities unless stated otherwise.
- We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions.
- Stopovers and alternative routes may incur additional costs.
- All prices are based on payment by cash or eftpos only.
- Any bonus inclusions, additional nights or special offers are already included in the advertised price.
- Blackout dates and seasonal surcharges may apply depending on date of travel.
- Airfares are not included.
- All components included in your holiday are provided by carriers, hoteliers, and other providers with their own terms & conditions.
- Travel Insurance maybe compulsory for some tours please check with your consultant.
- Terms and Conditions as per relevant Insight Vacations brochure.
- $99 deposit is required with 5 days of booking.
- $99 per person Land Only Deposit qualifies for 30-day refund guarantee from time of booking - cancel for any reason within 30 days of deposit and receive a full refund.
- This trip is part of Insight Vacations' Local Escapes, a selection of local journeys that feature a max of 22 guests, staggered seating on the coach and the potential to have a double seat if travelling solo.
- Insight Vacations has new measures in place to allow for comfortable physical distancing all while guests explore close to home..