Day 1 - Civitavecchia Civitavecchia is the port about one hour from the capital of Italy, Rome means history. There are layers of the stuff - Etruscan tombs, republican meeting rooms, imperial temples, early Christian churches, medieval bell towers, renaissance palaces and baroque basilicas. In this city a phenomenal concentration of history, legend and monuments coexists with an equally phenomenal concentration of people busily going about their everyday life. So get your cultural fill but be sure to leave time for more hedonistic concerns: eat till you can eat no more and get drunk on architecture and sunshine.
Day 2 - Palermo Palermo Once an important Mediterranean centre, Palermo still has the grandeur of its former greatness. Now the capital of Sicily, it is a large, spacious and colourful city, set on the plain of Conca d'Oro (Golden Shell) between two magnificent headlands. The area has been under numerous dominators over the centuries, including Roman, Carthaginian, Byzantine, Greek, Arab, Norman, Swabian and Spanish. Due to this past the city is still an exotic mixture of many cultures. Many of the monuments still exist giving the city a somewhat unique appearance.
Day 3 - Valletta
Day 4 - At Sea
Day 5 - Barcelona Barcelona is the capital of the Catalonia region. It lies along the Mediterranean coast between the mouths of the rivers Besós and Llobregat. In the Northwest a set of hills run parallel to the coast. In the Southwest the old town lies along the port and is divided by the famous “La Rambla”. Today Barcelona is Spain's second biggest city as far as population is concerned and it is the main industrial centre of the country. Barcelona hosts two universities, several museums and libraries and has been a cultural and artistic centre since the Middle Ages.
Day 6 - Marseille MARSEILLE The second city of France and the capital of the Provence-Costa Azzurra region. Marseille lies on the southeastern coast of France. The strong mistral wind blows away all traces of pollution and thus provides clarity of air so pure that many famous artists have been attracted to the city: Cézanne; Braque; Derain; Dufy and Marquet. Although Marseille is the economic and industrial capital of France, it manages to remain true to its own traditions and culture, reflected in the Marsillian way of life and its numerous museums, theatres and opera houses.
Day 7 - Genoa GENOA cradled between land and sea, living and working in the port, breathing its past in her palaces, passionately fond of the terraced hills that embrace the city, Genoa has many different faces. A modern metropolis and a severe custodian of artistic heritage, an industrious marketplace that also has century-old parks to relax in. Genoa hides her riches in an historical centre that looks traditionally seaward yet at the same time exhibits a new beauty achieved by restoring the splendour of ages past. Youthfulness springs from the new urban fabric that has restored works of arts and architecture.
Day 8 - Civitavecchia Civitavecchia is the port about one hour from the capital of Italy, Rome means history. There are layers of the stuff - Etruscan tombs, republican meeting rooms, imperial temples, early Christian churches, medieval bell towers, renaissance palaces and baroque basilicas. In this city a phenomenal concentration of history, legend and monuments coexists with an equally phenomenal concentration of people busily going about their everyday life. So get your cultural fill but be sure to leave time for more hedonistic concerns: eat till you can eat no more and get drunk on architecture and sunshine.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..