Turkey Retreat: Fethiye
From 14/07/2021 to 31/10/2021
Spend a day on the Mediterranean Sea on a private boat, visiting small islands and swimming in the crystal waters.
Take part in a Turkish meze cooking class, using food that you’ve picked yourself.
Learn about how turtles are rehabilitated at a dedicated Sea Turtle rescue centre.
Unwind on Oludeniz Beach, a world-famous lagoon that is often listed among the top beaches in the world.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 2.
Comfort style hotel.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Kayakoy - Welcome Dinner.
Dalaman - Complimentary Arrival Transfer to Kayakoy.
Fethiye - Private Boat Tour with Lunch (full day).
Dalyan - Sea Turtle Rescue Centre Visit.
Iztuzu - Day Trip & Beach Walk.
Kayakoy - Traditional Meze Cooking Class with Dinner.
Lycian Way - Hike from Kayakoy to Oludeniz Beach.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Dalaman / Kayakoy Merhaba! Welcome to Turkey. Upon arrival into Dalaman Airport, you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly representatives and driven to the village of Kayakoy where you’ll be staying. This drive takes about one hour, so sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery out the window as you make your way down the Turquoise Coast. This evening you’ll meet the rest of your group and your local host at the Welcome Meeting, before enjoying an included welcome dinner at the hotel.
Day 2 - Fethiye / Kayakoy This morning after breakfast, you’ll drive to the Fethiye Marina, which will take approximately 15 minutes. Here, you’ll board a private boat for the day, where you'll have the chance to visit a number of the bays surrounding Fethiye. This seaside region is part of Turkey’s famous Turquoise Coast, so the crystal blue waters make for some incredible views and prime swimming spots. Spend the day at your leisure, relaxing on the deck of the boat and dipping in and out of the sea. Lunch will be served on the boat. Throughout the day, you’ll stop at a range of different islands and beaches, which may include the Cleopatra Baths, Yassica Island, Bedri Rahmi Cove, Tersane Island and more. Later in the day you’ll arrive back to the marina and be driven back to the hotel. Tonight is a free night, so be sure to ask your host for a recommendation of where to taste the best local cuisine.
Day 3 - Iztuzu Beach / Kayakoy This morning after breakfast you’ll drive for approximately one and a half hours to the Dalyan Sea Turtle Research, Rescue and Rehabilitation Centre at Iztuzu Beach. Caretta and Green Sea turtles visit and nest in almost 20 beaches in Turkey and Iztuzu Beach is one of them. In fact, more than half of the entire world’s population of Green Sea turtles can actually be found nesting in Turkey! The centre was set up to educate locals and travellers about the conservation efforts for turtles, as well as taking care of necessary medical treatment and rehabilitation for any injured turtles found along the Mediterranean coast. Today you’ll be treated to a short talk from one of the experts at the centre about the work they do and Intrepid will make a donation on behalf of each traveller in the group. After saying goodbye to the turtles you’ll have the afternoon free to get some lunch and enjoy some beach time, before returning to your hotel for the evening.
Day 4 - Lycian Way / Oludeniz Beach / Kayakoy Today you’ll join an easy hike from where you’re staying in Kayakoy to Oludeniz Beach, which is roughly five kilometres (three miles) in length and will take about two hours. Along the way, you’ll see ancient Grecian ruins and picturesque mountain scenery. As you descend, you’ll reach Oludeniz Beach, a world-famous lagoon that is often listed among the top beaches in the world. Spend the rest of the day by the seaside, enjoying the natural beauty that surrounds you or wandering along the promenade for a snack or drink. This evening, you’ll take part in a Turkish meze cooking class at your hotel, using organic ingredients from the in-house garden. You’ll then have the chance to enjoy the dishes you’ve made as a farewell dinner with the group.
Day 5 - Kayakoy Today you’ll say goodbye to your local host and fellow travellers, as your Turkish retreat comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans