Best of China with Yangtze Cruise
From 06/06/2021 to 24/10/2021
CITY TOUR of Beijing, Xi'an, Chengdu, ShanghaiCRUISE the Yangtze River and the Three GorgesSEE local people practicing T'ai Chi in the morning, the Three Gorges Dam, the Shanghai Acrobats.
VISIT the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City in Beijing, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, the Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in Chengdu, the 'Bund' waterfront, the Jade Buddha Temple and Jinmao Tower in ShanghaiCONNECT WITH LOCALS Visit and have lunch with a local family in their home in one of Beijing's hutongs and gain a fascinating behind-the-scenes glimpse into their lifestyle.
(Day 4)DIVE INTO CULTURE Indulge in a foot massage at the Foot Reflexology Centre.
(Day 3) Discover the traditions and techniques of dumpling making, indulging in an opportunity to sample them.
(Day 6) Learn about Sichuan cuisine at a cooking class in Chengdu and taste some of your creations.
(Day 8)LOCAL SPECIALIST in Xi'an.
(Day 4) Chengdu.
(Day 6 & 7) Shanghai.
(Day 13 & 14)MAKE A DIFFERENCE In Xi'an, you'll get to know the students and teachers at a local primary school and find out how your visit helps support their education in the local community.
(Day 5) At the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, learn how your visit contributes to their conservation efforts to rescue and protect the endangered giant panda of which fewer than 2,000 remain.
14 breakfasts8 lunches (including Connect with Locals)6 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)A Trafalgar bonus - all Intra-Air flights: Beijing to Xi'an and Yichang to Shanghai.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - ARRIVE BEIJING (3 NIGHTS) Journey to the "Northern Capital" - a land of emperors, epic monuments and the cultural heart of China. On arrival in Beijing, you'll be transferred to your hotel where you can relax before meeting your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception drink and local appetisers.
Day Day 4 - BEIJING - XI'AN (2 NIGHTS) Navigate the ancient alleyways of the courtyard Hutong residences, weaving through lively neighbourhoods on the back of a traditional rickshaw. Stop at the home of a local family where you'll 'Connect With Locals', enjoying a 'Be My Guest' lunch of traditional Chinese cuisine, then visit a nearby tea house. Here, you'll delve into the art of chayi, joining a 'Local Specialist' who'll share first-hand the age-old ritual of tea-making. Leave Beijing behind, bound for Xi'an, an ancient departure point on the Silk Road.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans