Hong Kong and Macau Experience
From 01/09/2021 to 31/12/2021
CITY TOUR of Hong Kong and MacauVIEW the Macau cityscape and China from the Observation Lounge of the Macau TowerVISIT Victoria Peak and Stanley Market in Hong Kong, and the A-Ma Temple, Ruins of St Pauls and a top casino in MacauDIVE INTO CULTURE During a sampan ride, observe the fishermen who live and work on their boats at Aberdeen.
(Day 2)LOCAL SPECIALIST in Macau.
3 breakfasts2 lunchesAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Hong Kong's soaring skyline provides a magnificent backdrop for your soulful encounter with one of the world's busiest cities - a shopping, cultural and dining mecca and your home for the next three nights. On arrival, you'll be transferred to your hotel in the heart of Kowloon.
Day 2 - This morning, we ascend to the top of Victoria Peak, taking the funicular railway which has ferried visitors up to the 373-metre summit since 1888. Admire the iconic views over Victoria Harbour and the lush hills that loom beyond glittering skycrapers. Our City Tour continues to Aberdeen Fishing Village where we'll 'Dive Into Culture' and embark on a sampan ride for insights into the lives of the fishermen who live and work on their boats. Next, we'll indulge in a steaming Dim Sum lunch on board the famous Jumbo Floating Restaurant, favoured by international celebrities and dignitaries. Then it's time for some bargain hunting Hong Kong-style as we venture to Stanley Market, one of Hong Kong's oldest settlements. Strolling along its promenade and past stalls laden with memorabilia, clothes and other trinkets, it will be hard to imagine its colourful past as a pirate and smugglers' haunt. We'll return to our hotel later, enjoying an evening at leisure to immerse ourselves in the vibrant nightlife of Hong Kong.
Day 3 - The dazzling playground of Macau takes centre stage today as we board a high-speed ferry bound for its glitz and glamour. On arrival, we'll meet our 'Local Specialist' who will accompany us throughout the day and reveal how 400 years of Portuguese colonial rule have made their mark on the culture and cuisine of this Chinese territory. We'll drive along the Guia Circuit (Grand Prix Race Track) and see the golden statue of Kun Iam, the Goddess of Mercy before stopping at the 15th century Taoist A-Ma Temple dedicated to the Chinese Sea Goddess. Legend has it that Portuguese sailors named the enclave A-Ma-Gao to thank her for saving their ship in a storm. We continue to Macau Tower, ascending to its Observation Deck for panoramic views of the Macau cityscape, China, the Pearl River and even some islands of Hong Kong on a clear day. After lunch, we'll visit the intricately carved stone fa?ade that is all that remains of St. Paul's. Then, we'll walk through the historic Senado Square towards Monte Fort, the former residence of governors and bastion against attempted invasions. Our final stop today will be to hedge your bets at one of Macau's top casinos before returning to Hong Kong by ferry.
Day 4 - Our brief encounter with Hong Kong's imposing skyline and the glamour of Macau at its end, we'll take a transfer to Hong Kong International Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 16 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans