Vietnam and the Temples of Angkor
From 07/08/2021 to 02/01/2022
CITY TOUR of Hanoi, Hoi An, Hue and Ho Chi Minh CitySEE Red Beach in DanangVIEW Ho Chi Minh's House in Hanoi, the Opera House, Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office in Ho Chi Minh CityVISIT Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature in Hanoi, the Imperial Citadel in Hue, the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City, the Cu Chi Tunnels, Siem Reap Old Town, the temples of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Wat Damnak and Ta Prohm.
CRUISE Halong BayCONNECT WITH LOCALS Enjoy lunch at one of the great remaining garden houses of Hue where you will gain insight into the lives of a local family and admire their fascinating collection of artifacts and mementos from the days of the former Royal Empire.
(Day 8)DIVE INTO CULTURE Visit Ho Chi Minh's house in Hanoi.
(Day 2) The colourful market of Hoi An.
(Day 5) Join a Lantern Making Workshop or a Fishing Life Tour to learn about the lives of the local fishermen and have a go at casting your own fishing net.
(Day 6) Visit the Cham Museum in Danang.
(Day 7) Visit the home of the former American Ambassador to South Vietnam in the 1960s (Day 11) At Peak Sneng Village observe the locals weaving hats from palm leaves.
(Day 15)LOCAL SPECIALIST in Halong Bay.
(Day 3) The Mekong Delta.
(Day 10)MAKE A DIFFERENCE Have lunch at Blanc restaurant, which provides employment to those who are deaf or hearing impaired.
You'll interact with the staff and communicate your meal order using sign language during this unique dining experience concept.
(Day 9) Visit Artisans d'Angkor, where our visit contributes to creating job opportunities for disadvantaged rural youths.
(Day 13) Peak Sneng village, meet local villagers and discover some traditional Cambodian crafts.
(Day 15)STAYS WITH STORIES Stay on a traditional style Vietnamese Junk boat for an overnight cruise in Halong Bay.
15 breakfasts5 lunches (including Connect with Locals)4 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)A Trafalgar bonus - all Intra-Air flights: Hanoi - Danang, Hue - Ho Chi Minh City and Ho Chi Minh City - Siem Reap.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - ARRIVE HANOI (2 NIGHTS) Relish the warm embrace of Vietnam and her welcoming people, who will touch you with their humility and entrepreneurial spirit throughout your journey across this intoxicating land. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and local appetisers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 16 April 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans