Icons of South America
Rio de Janeiro State
From 04/09/2021 to 17/12/2021
ORIENTATION of Puerto VarasCRUISE in Chile's Lake RegionSCENIC DRIVE through the Sacred Valley, in Peru's Andean highlandsICONIC TRAIN journey aboard the Vistadome trainVISIT the Christ the Redeemer statue, Pisac, Sacsayhuaman, Ollantaytambo, two visits to Machu Picchu, Chile's wine country, Sugarloaf Mountain, Corcovado, Iguassu FallsCONNECT WITH LOCALS Visit a local market and meet Ignacio Barrios, award-winning chef, and visit his cooking school where you'll see a demonstration on how to prepare some of Peru's most popular foods and dine at the home of a local family in the bohemian neighbourhood of Palermo Soho with its European-style houses and hip attitude.
(Days 2, 13)DIVE INTO CULTURE Meet a Quechua scholar to learn about Peruvian weaving.
Visit a local chicheria for some traditional chicha tasting.
Visit a winery in Chile's Casablanca valley and meet the winemaker for a personalised winery experience including a wine tasting.
Learn about La Chocolaterie Van Wynsberghe bean to bar demonstration and sample a delicious array of locally made chocolates.
Experience the beauty of the Tango and learn about its traditions.
Visit a Samba school to see and experience this symbol of Brazil.
(Days 3, 5, 9, 12, 14, 20)LOCAL SPECIALIST For included sightseeing in Lima, Machu Picchu, Cusco, at the Larco Museum, in Santiago, Bariloche, Buenos Aires, on both sides of Iguassu Falls and in Rio de Janeiro.
(Days 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20).
20 breakfasts4 lunches10 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)A Trafalgar bonus - all Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Lima, Lima to Santiago, Santiago to Puerto Montt, Bariloche to Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires to Iguassu Falls and Iguassu Falls to Rio de Janeiro, including porter service at all airportsCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - Arrive Lima (2 Nights) Welcome to the "City of Kings". On arrival in the Peruvian capital of Lima, you'll be transferred to your hotel in the exclusive barrio of San Isidro. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Reception where you will meet your fellow travellers and Travel Director.
Day Day 21 - Depart Rio de Janeiro Today marks the last day of this Icons of South America adventure. Fit in some last-minute exploring and souvenir shopping until your transfer to the airport or consider extending your stay in Rio at the Miramar by Windsor.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 April 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 12 April 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans