Iconic China with Yangtze Cruise
From 01/06/2021 to 23/10/2021
Beijing Visit the Great Wall of China at Juyongguan, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden cityShanghai Visit the Bund, a Silk Factory Outlet and Nanjing RoadXi'an Visit the Terracotta WarriorsYangtze River Cruise Sail through the Three Gorges; the narrow Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge.
11 Breakfasts5 Lunches4 DinnersAudio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiencesLuxury air-conditioned coachCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedVariety of Optional ExperiencesCity orientation toursAn expert Travel Director and separate driverAll hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - Arrive Beijing (3 Nights) Welcome to China's sprawling, high flying and innovative capital city, Beijing. With one foot in the future and the other in the past, Beijing is nothing if not unique. An impressive six UNESCO World Heritage sites and a splurge of temples make the city a historian's dream, whilst modern masterpieces like the CCTV Building and the Galaxy Soho ensure Beijing is a city taking its place as one of the front runners in contemporary design. Arriving today, you'll transfer to your hotel and meet up with your Travel Director before getting to know the rest of your travel companions over a welcome dinner this evening.
Day Day 4 - Beijing - Xi'an (2 Nights) Waking up to a free morning in Beijing, make the most of your final hours here by joining our optional trip to the UNESCO listed Temple of Heaven. A vast religious complex in the old outer city and one of the country's most important Imperial temples, this place is widely considered one of the greatest achievements of traditional Chinese architecture, with a layout that displays the belief that the earth is square and heaven round. This afternoon catch a flight to the historical city of Xi'an. Once home to emperors, warriors and the Chinese elite, Xi'an is the kind of place that keeps historians up at night, imagining what could have been. It's one of the few cities in China that's still managed to hold on to its imposing 12 metre high city walls, and is of course best known as the home of the magnificent Terracotta Army. This evening and with time to yourself, perhaps head out to explore the busy lanes of the Muslim Quarter.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans