Uluru Explorer (Sept to Apr)(Twin share room,Start Uluru, End Uluru)
From 15/04/2021 to 18/04/2021
Field of Lights in UluruWatch a golden sunrise over the sacred site of UluruVisit the Olgas (Kata Tjuta), the Walpa Gorge & the Valley of the Winds in the heart of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National ParkIndulge in a BBQ 'Big Brekkie'Toast Uluru at sunset with drinks & nibbles.
3 nights twin share: we'll stay at a hotel in the Yulara townshipWe'll provide 2 breakfasts, plus one group dinner.
The rest of your meals we'll leave up to you to explore modern Australian cuisine and local eats.
Our TM's will always be on hand with their must-try meal recommendations.
Throughout your adventure you'll be with an expert Aussie Trip Manager who knows these parts better than anyone.
They'll be your friend as well as your guide, imparting their killer local trivia and tips as you explore Queensland.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Uluru! Here we'll settle into our hotel, ready for a few days of exploring this jaw-dropping destination. Tonight, we have a BBQ dinner with our new family before checking out the Field of Lights art exhibit. We'll see thousands of multicoloured globes light up the field around Uluru, resulting in some amazing Insta shots.
Day 2 - After a comfy night's sleep it's time to get out and about and explore the majesty of Uluru. And what better way to start the day than witnessing the rock bathed in the golden glow of the sunrise? A sacred site for the Anangu people, this imposing rock is a staggering 700 million years old. After we'll travel to the heart of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park with a hike to the Walpa Gorge and Valley of the Winds, where boulders bigger than skyscrapers dominate the landscape. We'll marvel at the lesser known but no less impressive rock formation of Kata Tjuta. This afternoon you'll have a chance to try out your skills on a Segway tour around the Rock, or take part in a dot painting workshop.
Day 3 - Grab your sneakers, camera and your sense of adventure - it's time for a day trip! Our first stop is an included Big BBQ Brekkie at Kings Creek Station, then we're ready to go.Your guided hike around the imposing King's Canyon awaits. Wonder at the lunar-like landscape as you hike through the canyon and take respite from the sun in the shady space at the bottom of the climb, The Garden of Eden. It's as idyllic and mythical as it sounds and is home to its own unique ecosystem in this barren landscape.Finish the day off with a glass of bubbles in hand and the sunset casting a glow over the Outback's most picturesque backdrop, there's no better way to spend your final evening in Uluru.
Day 4 - This morning we'll have the chance to see the landscape from the clouds with a an optional Skydive, or if you prefer land, you can watch the sunrise on the back of a camel. Then with tears in our eyes, it's time to say our sad farewells to our Contiki family. Outback, it's been real and we'll never forget what we've experienced together in this spectacular land. Just remember, it's not goodbye, just see you soon.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 27 February 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans